• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ UNCCH Nov. 14, 2020

Give UNC all the hype. We will just focus on winning and then hopefully getting ranked. But ranked or not a win over Carolina when football is currently their darling sport would be just grand.

‘If we want to fight in the parking lot after the game, that’s fine. You represent our school properly in the game. But do me one favor: After we kick their butts, you leave Mack Brown’s ass for me.’- Dave Clawson

The same is true for Wake. Win out and make the ACCCG if UNC beats ND.

The winner of this game has an outside path to the championship. Not many games left with those kind of implications.

All Clawson said was he mentioned all the injured DBs in a group and said by game time, he hoped to have a lot of those guys back, IIRC.

Some plays I'd love to see Saturday:

1. A pass to KWIII out in the flat, behind LOS, or a screen.

2. An option out of the Wildcat besides KWIII/CBS running.

3. Designed rollout option for Sam.

4. A counter for Sam near the goal line. (I think we've run this a couple of times this year.)

5. A surprise onside KO.

6. 1 to 2 trick plays.

All Clawson said was he mentioned all the injured DBs in a group and said by game time, he hoped to have a lot of those guys back, IIRC.

4. A counter for Sam near the goal line. (I think we've run this a couple of times this year.)

5. A surprise onside KO.

6. 1 to 2 trick plays.

7. Hide the playbook from the cheating coaches on the other side of the field.

5. A surprise onside KO.

6. 1 to 2 trick plays.

Oh Great! :rulz: Now you've given them our scripted plays for the game. This is Wakeyleak all over again.

I'd love to have an orbit using the speed of Gavin Holmes..........once he's healed up, of course.

^It’s an obvious indictment on Heisman voters and even on college football itself when a player like Williams — whose stats top those of other players getting Heisman consideration — isn’t even mentioned in the conversation.

https://keepingitheel.com/2020/11/11/unc-football-vs-wake-forest-game-preview-info-prediction/

Mack Brown has an embarrassment of wealth on that side of the football, and needs to ride it to victory for the rest of the season. If the UNC defense can just play half-way competent football, it’s difficult to beat North Carolina.

From the same article: Will another huge game for Javonte Williams get him the Heisman attention that he deserves? It’s an obvious indictment on Heisman voters and even on college football itself when a player like Williams — whose stats top those of other players getting Heisman consideration — isn’t even mentioned in the conversation. UNC fans are beginning to wonder what kind of numbers Williams would have to put up to be in that conversation.

The only way Williams will be in the Heisman conversation is to transfer to a football school.

^It’s an obvious indictment on Heisman voters and even on college football itself when a player like Williams — whose stats top those of other players getting Heisman consideration — isn’t even mentioned in the conversation.

Curious -- what conversations between or of actual voters is Williams being left out of? It's not like there's some weekly public forum of voters. I'd be shocked if more than 20% of the "Heisman Watch" lists/articles come from actual Heisman voters.

Heisman winners typically come from schools with a lot of football culture.

Back