• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ UNCCH Nov. 14, 2020

Just looked up Javonte Williams and he had 54 rushing yards against UVA and 57 yards apiece against Syracuse and BC. Our Carolina homerism to think that even gets you close to the Heisman conversation for an unranked 5-2 team.

Edit: Meant to say “Pure Carolina homerism” and autocorrect got me.

Last edited:
Just looked up Javonte Williams and he had 54 rushing yards against UVA and 57 yards apiece against Syracuse and BC. Our Carolina homerism to think that even gets you close to the Heisman conversation for an unranked 5-2 team.

Yeah. He's had 3 great games, one good game, and 3 average games. Not exactly Heisman material.

Edit: Meant to say “Pure Carolina homerism” and autocorrect got me.
This

if an ACC back is a Heisman finalist, it'll be Etienne as sort of a career achievement.

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic has us as his upset special of the week, winning 34-30

Howell is good, but I've noticed he makes poor decisions when he's pressured. I really hope we go for the throat on D during parts of the game where field position and momentum are up for grabs.

Other than that, give Walker the rock and stuff it down their throats all game long. Fuuuuuuuck UNC

Win this game, we have a chance for a great season.

https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/...0201112-vy7axhg4grhkzkfl3jvol5bbzu-story.html

How legit is Wake Forest’s 4-2 start? Wake Forest is 1-1 against teams in the Associated Press Top 25 (a loss to then-No. 1 Clemson and a win against then-No. 19 Virginia Tech), but we’ll find out much more about the Demon Deacons in the next month. Beginning with this weekend’s game at North Carolina (-13.5), the Demon Deacons play three of their last five games against teams that are currently in the AP top 10 or just outside the top 25 (UNC is the leading vote-getter outside the rankings).

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2020/11/sports-football-duke-side-110720

But in the meantime, the Tar Heels proved yet again that even though they can very much be knocked down, they're good enough to get back up and destroy their next opponent. . . .It won't be this easy for North Carolina moving forward. The challenge is to prove that this team can learn why, for whatever reason, it allowed inferior teams to get the upset, and fix those issues permanently.

Some versions of the Heavy/Wild Deac (do we have a verdict there yet?) have Hartman head to the sideline, while others have him line up as a wide receiver. So that begs an obvious question: How much pleading has Hartman done with Ruggiero to let him run a route and catch a pass from Beal-Smith or Walker? “I’ve done a little bit, but I know it’ll come at some point. Or it won’t. We’ll see,” Hartman said coyly. Trying to get an answer out of Tom on whether the Deacons will have to eventually throw out of the formation to keep defenses honest yields a similarly secretive answer. “Um, I don’t know,” Tom said. “I mean … I don’t know if either one of them can throw. So I don’t know if that’s something that we’re thinking about doing.” So … some things remain secrets in the closest thing we have to a #Wakeyleaks game.

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA is missing this kind of writing big time.

Just setting up to explain this as UNC losing to yet another inferior team.

Howell is good, but I've noticed he makes poor decisions when he's pressured. I really hope we go for the throat on D during parts of the game where field position and momentum are up for grabs.

Other than that, give Walker the rock and stuff it down their throats all game long. Fuuuuuuuck UNC

Exactly. One big key to the game will be our level of defensive aggressiveness. Our young secondary has held up well lately, but we really haven't played QBs that were big threats to throw in the last 5-6 weeks. Time for our D line to pin their ears back and for us to dial up some blitzes.

Yogi Berra says, WF’S secondary is not as young as it once was.

WF has the great combination of youth and experience in the secondary at this stage.

Back