• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ UNCCH Nov. 14, 2020

Two weeks to prepare. Would be nice if UNC had a tougher game next week, but at least their focus will be on Duke for the next week.

This is the game I want most this season. Fuck Mack, Sam Howell, them being “top5” and so on.

I don’t particularly dislike Howell. He’s really good and happens to play for a team I despise with an insufferable fanbase. But he doesn’t do/say the things that piss me off the most about that institution.

I don’t think our offense can keep pace with theirs, but I think our defense can get enough stops to win. We should make this the shortest game possible with our running game. I also have to believe we’ve got some tricks we didn’t have to use in the last few games. Time to open up the playbook and put everything into this one.

I don’t particularly dislike Howell. He’s really good and happens to play for a team I despise with an insufferable fanbase. But he doesn’t do/say the things that piss me off the most about that institution.

Agree. And their news critic, DeCock, speaks in terms that fit the mindset of their fan base.
To say losing is inexcusable is the complaint of those who feel they’re owed victories and misses the mark for thoughtful criticism but such talk fits many in the fan base. Truth is that Virginia is not a true bottom feeder but has not had much go their way this year. Losing to them while not good is not inexcusable. But that is the Carolina Way of thinking about losing to the likes of the Seminoles and Wahoos when they’re down, and the Deacons every year.

Definitely feels like an 8 PM ACC Network game. Could also grab a 3:30 ESPN slot.

A night game would be great.
Masters play will be over for the day, take a break, have dinner, then game time!

So UNC has losses to a 2 win team in FSU and a 2 win team in UVA and still maintains a ranked spot in the polls. Meanwhile, Wake has the same record as unc and have losses to Clemson and a State team that was briefly ranked (they are probably about to go into free fall without leary). Wake is receiving just a few votes in the polls.

So UNC has losses to a 2 win team in FSU and a 2 win team in UVA and still maintains a ranked spot in the polls. Meanwhile, Wake has the same record as unc and have losses to Clemson and a State team that was briefly ranked (they are probably about to go into free fall without leary). Wake is receiving just a few votes in the polls.

It's always much harder to fall out of the polls when you start the season ranked than it is to climb into the polls when you start out unranked.

Walk away from the keyboard before spilling the koolaid. Being ranked has never served Wake football especially well.

UVa will continue to win with Armstrong and the Hawaiian RB...we caught them at a good time....

Here's the TV schedule for ACC games on November 14:

Wake Forest at North Carolina, noon, ESPN2 or ACC Network – network designation after the games of Nov. 7
Pitt at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m., RSN
Florida State at NC State, 7:30 p.m., ACC Network
Notre Dame at Boston College – six-day hold
Miami at Virginia Tech – six day hold

Looks like ESPN and ABC grabbed the top 3 games for their programming and of those 3 games, they ranked WF at UNC as #3 in attractiveness. Normally, noon games take away a little of the home field edge, because the fans aren't as juiced when kickoff is early, but this year, time of kickoff is not very important because of the lack of any (or limited) fans.

As always I am an idiot and do not know what I’m talking about.

But hey at least I get to start drinking early.

Back