• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of Wake Football

given an extra year of eligibility due to COVID, I expect a lot of our best players to become graduate transfers to big time programs, rather than stay at Wake for their 4th or 5th season.

A lot of our best players aren’t close to graduating. The players currently at “big time programs” have that extra year too and may not leave.

given an extra year of eligibility due to COVID, I expect a lot of our best players to become graduate transfers to big time programs, rather than stay at Wake for their 4th or 5th season.

GTFO with this LOWF garbage. Show me where this has happened other than Tabari Hines, who was pissed off about losing PT behind Dortch, and Newman, who was going to be in for a hell of a QB competition in the offseason (and opted out anyways).

think we're more likely to see backups transfer for playing time rather than our starters transfer to big time programs

think we're more likely to see backups transfer for playing time rather than our starters transfer to big time programs

Yes, of course. It's one thing if an obnoxious fan from another school posts drivel like "all your good players are going to transfer to big time programs", but when our "fans" do it on their own, it just doesn't get any more LOWF than that.

Not sure why anyone would even bother rooting for WF who really feels like WF is such a craptastic option athletically and academically that as soon as there is an opportunity elsewhere all, most, some of our "good" players would leave. Bizarre.

But even then, they'd be transferring to beat out returning starters. I don't think there's going to be much attrition, so I don't think there will be many transfers.

ESPN ACC Power Rankings 11/12/20

1. Notre Dame
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. North Carolina
5. Wake Forest
6. Virginia Tech
7. Boston College
8. NC State
9. Pitt
10. Louisville
11. Virginia
12. Georgia Tech
13. Florida State
14. Duke
15. Syracuse

The 2020’s could be an excellent decade for WF sports. We’re certainly due.

ESPN ACC Power Rankings 11/12/20

1. Notre Dame
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. North Carolina
5. Wake Forest
6. Virginia Tech
7. Boston College
8. NC State
9. Pitt
10. Louisville
11. Virginia
12. Georgia Tech
13. Florida State
14. Duke
15. Syracuse

And Wake plays three of the four teams above them.

Just win, baby.

Back