• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Dems will keep the House and even add some seats, according to most projections, so at least that's something I guess. Although Trump and the GOP have pretty much isolated the House and kept it from performing its oversight functions of the executive branch. The Democrats really, really need to win the Senate to have any real check on Trump if he gets reelected, but I'm pessimistic about that happening now as well. They'll gain a seat or two maybe, the rest we'll have to see.

50-50 with Biden pulling out a win in PA and Ohio? Who cares about the South when you have the rust belt and AZ.

I don’t read the chat thread. :(

Fall migrants are about ~50% new born birds that don’t know how the world works yet and they don’t know that glass windows are deadly. Windows kill far more birds than windmills btw.

Yeah it seems to be all types of birds though, maybe it always happens but more work at home maybe I just notice more when a large bang shakes the house. I’d say 50/50 they just shake it off and are just stunned. It also doesn’t make sense because the windows aren’t particularly clean, so are you just saying birds are rubes and dumb as shit. Any way to prevent the rubes from hitting my window? Also like how do they learn this if they end up hitting windows and it kills them?

CNN map which is blue and red regardless of current percentage is fucking dumb

Yeah. Wouldn't be hard to do a different shade of red and blue depending on the percent returns with no color until it hits 30%.

So we’re officially in shit our pants mode?

Starting to look like it. It seems like the Sunbelt states (except for NC thus far) are going to Trump (albeit by smaller margins than in 2016, except for Florida, of course), so it's probably going to come down to PA, MI, and WI. Maybe OH will come through, but no one should take anything for granted right now.

i am not watching TV. Are they saying anything about where the votes are still to be counted in Ohio?

Back