• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

And blaming Democrats.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem in 2016 wasn’t Hillary.

The problem was and is dumb, deplorable, and duped people.

It does, especially in FL. Feels like 2018 as well. It's a consistent polling fail.

Not a failure of the polls. The problem lies with polling itself and how the general public interprets that data.

Fox called Virginia an hour ago and cnn is still sweating it.

I'll be surprised if VA stays blue. 2016 it went hard blue and they took all the guns away. People were pissed. Like, hugely pissed. My buddy is moving to Iowa because of it.

It does, especially in FL. Feels like 2018 as well. It's a consistent polling fail.

Whether Biden wins or loses, no Democrat should trust pollsters again. They've been off all night in most of these states. I'm sure they'll have lots of excuses, but this is the second presidential election where they have been off in many states.

I hate to admit it but I flipped over to Fox News out of morbid curiosity and their election night coverage is far superior to MSNBC and CNN

They’re actually calling shit and not acting like 9 year olds

Probably just gonna stay here

I hate to admit it but I flipped over to Fox News out of morbid curiosity and their election night coverage is far superior to MSNBC and CNN

Horseshoe theory.

Nope nevermind Tucker just came on and started acting like a total bitch

The main news people are alright

I think I was duped by the massive early voting turnouts, as well as thinking that after 2016, our country would come to its senses and do the right thing. I gave us way too much credit.

I'll be surprised if VA stays blue. 2016 it went hard blue and they took all the guns away. People were pissed. Like, hugely pissed. My buddy is moving to Iowa because of it.

I think most of the votes still out in Virginia are from NoVa, and it's heavily blue. Some guy on the Fox decision desk was questioned pretty closely, and he said that he's absolutely confident that the state will go blue, and had no doubts. They jokingly said that if he was wrong they'd bring him out again, and he laughed and said that he wasn't wrong. I guess we'll see.

That's where my wife and I landed. We started with google, but when we started flipping around, we were both really weirded out that Google's numbers were really wrong.

Geez, North Carolina is a 2,000 vote difference right now. 86% reporting.

Not a failure of the polls. The problem lies with polling itself and how the general public interprets that data.

Well that’s a polling problem.

It is worth pointing out that modern polling was never this off before SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Back