• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

That Hawley statement would sound exactly the same if It was Don Jr saying it.

Devos resigns.

Profiles in courage -- leaving a guy a week and a half before he is booted from office because he did basically the same shit he's been doing for four years. Not all heroes wear capes.

Drumpf now making some conciliatory remarks. They are very out of character for him. To the extent I can’t even imagine him reading off a prompter. He may have actually been sat down and told what he will say and do for the next 2 weeks or he gets 25th’d.

Devos resigns.

Tomorrow's news. Trump tries to take back the pardons for Devos' brother's murderous employees.

This says it was a stroke. Can a stroke be caused by being hit in the head?
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/us-capitol-police-chief-resigns-officer-dies-from-stroke/65-b5de01a6-defb-403f-8380-4aa85c30b3cb

Edit: yes, a blow to the head can cause a stroke

From that piece...

But other videos from the day also went viral, including one of a Capitol Police officer appearing to agree to a selfie during a live stream by a member of the group that had breached the building. At the point the video was taken, the mob had already violently pushed its way past the Capitol Police line and caused the evacuation of two Congressional office buildings, plus the lockdown and eventually evacuation of both chambers of Congress.
Within just a few hours, the video had been captured and re-uploaded by dozens of other accounts, some of which had drawn hundreds of thousands of reactions on Twitter alone.

Good grief.

Cruz, Hawley...: 35 percent of Americans believe a bunch of hazardous bullshit spewed by liar-in-chief Trump. It is our solemn obligation to reflect and represent their delusions.

Uh huh.

This girl called out her mom.

obviously, should his court case be unsuccessful, his next remedy is to take over Simon & Schuster's headquarters.

Also LOL at the idea that he is going to want to go to court to relive the last 2 days.

It's amazing that conservatives still don't understand the first amendment, and this one went to Yale law school. Apparently, a degree from Yale law is not worth the paper it's printed on -- they should rescind his law degree.

It's also amazing that so-called free enterprise, capitalism at all costs conservatives want to tell a private business how to run itself. They stand for literally nothing anymore other than grift.

Of course he knows it’s not a violation of the first amendment but that’s not the point

U.S. Capitol Police say the report that one of its officers had died after being assaulted by violent protesters loyal to President Trump is not accurate. NPR incorrectly reported the death based on information from a well-placed source.

Last edited:
obviously, should his court case be unsuccessful, his next remedy is to take over Simon & Schuster's headquarters.

Also LOL at the idea that he is going to want to go to court to relive the last 2 days.

Simon & Schuster should consider beefing up security. I’d say Hawley’s people would just boycott but they don’t read.

Big money has it pretty good. It does not need this shit. I will believe it when I see it though.

Cruz barely won his last election. I am not sure how this move helps him in Texas. He must think it helps him for a 2024 presidential run.

Trump followers promising more violence on January 19 (couldn't copy the RT).

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1347253748444389377

Good luck with that. After yesterday there will be security out in force in a couple of weeks. I suspect that most of these folks know that and likely won't come back. They've gotten what they wanted anyway - visuals of the Capitol being overrun by "patriot militia" and evil elites cowering in fear or being taken into hiding. Right-wing groups of all types will recruit off those images for years.

Big money has it pretty good. It does not need this shit. I will believe it when I see it though.

Cruz barely won his last election. I am not sure how this move helps him in Texas. He must think it helps him for a 2024 presidential run.

how in the fuck does Cruz think he can rally that base of rubes? his sniveling persona is enough to turn anyone off.

Back