• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

You can’t get a much more disingenuous response from a Harvard grad getting kicked off a Harvard committee.

Miller was spotted slinking around the basement mumbling and muttering something about “my precious”.

The more deeply this is investigated. The wilder it will get. For instance, we know at least on Member of Congress gave tours to insurrectionists in the days before the attempted coup.

i

Yeah but the internet would figure out the thread count and manufacturer of those hoods in a matter of hours.

"What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit," Lankford's letter went on.

"After decades of fighting for voting rights, many Black friends in Oklahoma saw this as a direct attack on their right to vote, for their vote to matter, and even a belief that their votes made an election in our country illegitimate."

GOP Senator James Lankford Apologizes to Black Constituents for Opposing Election Results

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senato...onstituents-opposing-election-results-1561826

Somehow he didn’t realize what everyone outside of his party already knew.

"What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit," Lankford's letter went on.

"After decades of fighting for voting rights, many Black friends in Oklahoma saw this as a direct attack on their right to vote, for their vote to matter, and even a belief that their votes made an election in our country illegitimate."

GOP Senator James Lankford Apologizes to Black Constituents for Opposing Election Results

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senato...onstituents-opposing-election-results-1561826

Somehow he didn’t realize what everyone outside of his party already knew.

Although I highly doubt his sincerity, at least he did apologize and say something contrite. Ignorance is no excuse though. I wonder whether he even knows (or privately cares) that one of the worst and largest racial attacks by whites on blacks in American history took place in Tulsa in 1921 - the Tulsa massacre. Probably not. I'll bet there were a lot of very fine people on bosides of that massacre.

Although I highly doubt his sincerity, at least he did apologize and say something contrite. Ignorance is no excuse though. I wonder whether he even knows (or privately cares) that one of the worst and largest racial attacks by whites on blacks in American history took place in Tulsa in 1921 - the Tulsa massacre. Probably not. I'll bet there were a lot of very fine people on bosides of that massacre.

I’m pretty sure that he is aware...

The letter came amid calls from Black leaders for Mr. Lankford to resign from the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission, whose mission is to commemorate the racist massacre in the city’s Greenwood district, where a white mob destroyed an affluent Black neighborhood and its Black-owned businesses, and killed up to 300 residents.

100 years later Lankford’s lies caused a similar uprising in the US Capitol. Things haven’t changed that much.

Well, hopefully he is aware then, although whether he cares is still a very real question.

He’s on the committee to memorialize the centennial of the event. How could he possibly not be aware of the existence of the event?

There are plenty of things to criticize and attack him for. You don’t need to make shit up that undermines your other legitimate criticisms.

I’m pretty sure that he is aware...

Nice to see he's on the commission, but he doesn't seem to have learned very much from serving on it, if his statements regarding election fraud and race generally (before this mea culpa) are any indication.

He’s on the committee to memorialize the centennial of the event. How could he possibly not be aware of the existence of the event?

There are plenty of things to criticize and attack him for. You don’t need to make shit up that undermines your other legitimate criticisms.

I'm not making up anything, I missed that he's on the commission. Thanks for pointing it out. And as I just posted, I'm dubious that he has learned anything from serving on it, as his comments regarding the election seem to indicate. As a politician I'd suspect that his service on the committee has more to do with politics than actually giving a damn about what happened in Tulsa in 1921.

Back