• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Found out about a week ago that I'd have election day off (late decision from our school). If I had my shit together, I probably should be volunteering somewhere today-probably too late to do so now.

Like in a militia or something?

Same here. Might tune in to Fox if Biden is winning just to see the gloom, otherwise no way. Probably will watch MSNBC most of the night, as blowhard Chris Matthews is no longer around, and I don't care to listen to Rick Santorum on CNN or Chris Christie on ABC. PBS might also be a good option.

Pretty much same for me.

Found out about a week ago that I'd have election day off (late decision from our school). If I had my shit together, I probably should be volunteering somewhere today-probably too late to do so now.

You still have time to phone bank.

Click this link and sign up for a shift ASAP. I made calls into Georgia on Sunday...super easy.

https://swingleft.org/

Them's jus' folks whut were a'dyin' anyhow, most like.

Or it's really just all a HOAX.

that reminds me of when i worked at hershey park and i got to hear this song ever 20 min:

So the over/under for total votes cast is somewhere around 153M? That would be 14M more than 2016.

One of my students posted a picture of his partner voting for the first time after becoming a citizen last year. US politics is a mess. But it still all about love, country, and exercising your rights.

Yeah, we helped over 50 people gain citizenship this year and we've been receiving texts from them for the past two weeks of pictures of them voting for the first time. It's been awesome.

One of our senior case managers got his citizenship this year, and voted for the first time.

This is the stuff that is giving me life and hope amid the anxiety.

must be in the minority but I love John King and he is the main reason im watching CNN :eek:

I like him too- his Big Board is must watch for me on election nights.

So, assuming WI and MI are in the bag for Biden (is that too much to assume?) then if NC goes Biden it's pretty much lights out right off the bat, right? Just take the 2016 map and add WI/MI/NC to Biden and that's 273.

So, assuming WI and MI are in the bag for Biden (is that too much to assume?) then if NC goes Biden it's pretty much lights out right off the bat, right? Just take the 2016 map and add WI/MI/NC to Biden and that's 273.

If either of NC or FL go to Biden, his chances sky above 99% to win. AZ gives him a 98% chance.

Kornacki over King in the big board wars.

I like King and the maps as well. So as long as we don't lose NV, yes, we need 1 of NC, FL, GA or AZ + Omaha in order to make PA irrelevant.

From some of the turnout numbers I'm seeing on twitter regarding Florida, it appears the republicans are having a huge turnout day and have wiped away the early voting lead democrats had. I'm starting to think Florida is going to go Trump which mostly likely means everything comes down to Penn. Seeing the R registration lead in Florida is now over what Trump won the state by in 2016.

So Biden would start to need a decent % of R's to cross over and probably a 10 point lead in independents. I'm not sure what the Independent polling was for Florida. But as a Biden voter I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'm just too scarred from 2016.

From some of the turnout numbers I'm seeing on twitter regarding Florida, it appears the republicans are having a huge turnout day and have wiped away the early voting lead democrats had. I'm starting to think Florida is going to go Trump which mostly likely means everything comes down to Penn. Seeing the R registration lead in Florida is now over what Trump won the state by in 2016.

So Biden would start to need a decent % of R's to cross over and probably a 10 point lead in independents. I'm not sure what the Independent polling was for Florida. But as a Biden voter I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'm just too scarred from 2016.

Interesting, I've heard the opposite in NC. Family member working the polls for 8th straight election in Davidson county says wait times are shorter than ever. Another friend said the time it took to get from his car, to cast a vote, to back in was 8 minutes.

:noidea:

Interesting, I've heard the opposite in NC. Family member working the polls for 8th straight election in Davidson county says wait times are shorter than ever. Another friend said the time it took to get from his car, to cast a vote, to back in was 8 minutes.

:noidea:

Interesting. Not sure how Davidson as a city leans, but clearly Meck is strong Dem. If that is reflective of Meck overall that would not seem to be good for Biden as they need to win big in Meck, wake and Buncombe to offset all the rural counties. Granted it could be because of all the mail-in and early voting depending on how that breaks down.

Any rural county NC board members here to give a sense of voting lines???

Back