• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Board Dems, if Biden wins and Pubs hold the Senate, who would you want to run as Pres in 2024?

A. Biden
B. Harris
C. Whoever shines in the hypothetical Biden Cabinet like Mayor Pete
D. Take a flyer on an up-and-comer

Technically I’m unaffiliated.

But almost exclusively voting Dem.

I’d speculate C...but obviously need to see who shines and how.

The sad fact is that the Dems are fighting with one hand behind their backs because they are unwilling to bend (or break) the rules, name-call, and lie about their opponents like the Pubs are.

They’re unwilling to tell the basic truth.

Sounds like at least 20% of Florida pub voters or their spouses don't currently make the minimum wage

just a guess based on your "owning the left" posts

enjoy comfortable and early retirement
If I thought Sanders message could win nationally I would support him. I actually think that medicare-for-all would be a good thing but it's just not realistic to actually get there.

But your condescending ending message there reeks of the resentment out of progressives that really alienates a lot of the voters they would need to win. Pictures of guillotines and talking about how landlords should get a job isn't going to jive with the American working-class ethos as much as you would hope it would.

It sucks that Hickenlooper will be 72, because I really think he'd be the best option. In light there of, I'd hope Mayor Pete could separate himself enough during the next 4 years to overtake Harris.

Mayor Pete is definitely an interesting case, which is why I mentioned him specifically. I think the best thing he could do is work in the cabinet for a couple of years and then find a senate seat to run for in 2024 and square up for 2028. Obviously if he gets support to run in 2024 I can see him doing it, the dude ran for President after being a MAYOR.

Technically I’m unaffiliated.

But almost exclusively voting Dem.

I’d speculate C...but obviously need to see who shines and how.

Not much faith here for Kamala except for the begrudging pragmatists of the Tunnels.

So Biden should win AZ, Michigan, and Wisconsin and will be sitting at 264

Nevada would do it.... but still early and obviously a flip of Pennsylvania or Georgia should get Trump to stfu

I'm not in NC anymore so I haven't seen many of his ads but just looked at his twitter. called Moe a simp. said to cry more, libs. Can you get any more unprofessional? Then I looked at his wikipedia. Seems like he's a big fan of Hitler.

They’re unwilling to tell the basic truth.

There’s also the tendency to fight amongst them selves. Biden comes out with statement like “trump is the most racist president we’ve had” and plenty of liberals are happy to point out the racist opinions, comments and actions of the first 39 presidents far exceed anything trump has done. Just let the hyperbole or temporal error stand and pile on the The fact Trump is obviously a racist.

Far, far worse. And he’ll never lose in that district it’s like a lifetime appointment (until he runs for Burr’s seat in two years).

You have to be 30 years old to be a United States Senator and he will be 27/28.

Hopefully Biden wins, but it's pretty incredible that the US could go Obama-Obama-Trump-Trump. How is that even possible?

YYR6QoA.png

100 million dollars

If I thought Sanders message could win nationally I would support him. I actually think that medicare-for-all would be a good thing but it's just not realistic to actually get there.

But your condescending ending message there reeks of the resentment out of progressives that really alienates a lot of the voters they would need to win. Pictures of guillotines and talking about how landlords should get a job isn't going to jive with the American working-class ethos as much as you would hope it would.

Not trying to win your heart or mind Chris

The entire Republican strategy is vague fear mongering.

What typical bull shit.

If anything I hope that Dems/Libs get out of this election is that even with a shit head like Donald Trump, there are millions of Americans with varied opinions who just don't get in line and vote how you want them to.

1. Millions want the Country to open up and not shut down.

2. The Economy is and will continue to be the major issue facing Americans. 100 million Americans are vested in the Markets, etc. and it matters.

3. Millions are concerned with the Country leaning away from center and toward the left.

4. And like it or not, The Republican Party is far from dead but alive and breathing.

Back