• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

I'm calling it Biden.

Now we get two and a half month watching Dump piss and moan his way out of Office.

Schumer and Nancy have to be gone. They're completely out of touch with modern fundraising and that's supposed to be their big advantage. Biden is going to win the popular vote by a strong margin and Democrats are going to lose House seats and lose a bunch of close winnable Senate seats. Can't repeat the same mistake in 2022.

Strongly agree with this. The old guard Democratic leaders have to give up power to a younger contingent. They are out of touch, but its also why they lose close races as the propaganda hates them and even good democratic candidates get labeled as supporters of "Chuck and Nancy".

Putting a lime in your Rum and Coke is pretty dope though

Except that rum is the worst of the six major "types" of liquor. Only a fucking Trumpster over the age of 22 would would drink a Captain Morgans and Coke and be happy about it.

We should have fucking known. The signs were there about these goddamn Bautistas.

The problem is a lot of people that voted for Trump don't hear the Dem policy positions from the Democrats. They hear them from Fox News or from social media (e.g. Facebook memes) or some other conduit for disinformation.

There you go; wouldn't it just be easier to call all Pubs idiots like your buddies?

Pubs do not like the vast majority of Dem policies. Let's leave it at that.

Any chance Cunningham can still win in NC - are they just waiting for potential mail in ballots through the end of the week or are there ballots already received they're counting?

what kind of whacky stuff is trump gonna do the next two months

Dude, I know a ton of one-issue voters. If a Dem candidate said, "I am strongly pro-life," they would open the door to a bunch of votes. If a Pub candidate said, "I am strongly in favor of universal healthcare," they would open the door to a bunch of votes. My wife didn't vote for Trump because he's white and she hates black people, she voted for Trump because there is nothing in the world more politically important to her than being pro-life. Full stop.

You guys have got to stop attributing voting one way or another to "stupidity." It's unbecoming and not reflective of your ability to think deeply on an issue.

Townie is spouting straight truth at you guys and you just gotta listen. Dude is smart as balls.

Does she consider how many people will be killed unnecessarily in the next couple years because of COVID vs abortion? There is a difference between being anti-abortion and truly pro-life.

Except that rum is the worst of the six major "types" of liquor. Only a fucking Trumpster over the age of 22 would would drink a Captain Morgans and Coke and be happy about it.

We should have fucking known. The signs were there about these goddamn Bautistas.

OK, I was kidding. I haven't had coke in my rum, or at Captain Morgan product probably since the 90's. You should try some Fleur de Cana 7-year on the rocks. No joke, it's good stuff.

or that the best way to prevent abortions is NOT by overturning roe v. wade?

Mojitos are a pretty baller Cuban contribution. And stogies. And their sandwiches, when done right, are delicious.

Pubs do not like the vast majority of Dem policies. Let's leave it at that.

This isn't actually 100% true. Republicans and Fox News are just so much better at the game of politics. When you poll the public, around 60% are for some type of medicare for all, depending on how exactly the survey is worded. Look at Florida, 60% approved a $15 minimum wage. Something around 65% of the public doesn't want to overturn Row v Wade. Around 70% of the country supports background checks and other limited gun control measures.

Certain Democratic policies are liked by Republicans and the country in total, Democrats are just awful at the sport of politics.

Back