• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

helpful breakdown from 538 as of 3:20pm:

North Carolina: North Carolina has counted every ballot it had in its possession as of yesterday, and Trump leads by 76,737 votes among them. However, the state has announced that about 117,000 mail-in ballots are potentially outstanding, plus an unknown number of provisional ballots. Mail-in ballots have until Nov. 12 to arrive, and only at that point will more results be released.

So NC is over for the presidential election. Biden would need 97,000 of those 117,000 votes to win.

TL;DR: Good news for Biden in NV, MI, WI, and GA, meh news in AZ, fuck you news from NC.

Assuming Sullivan wins Alaska and Tillis wins NC (mathematically very unlikely for Cal if there's only 117k votes left because he has a 100k lead), Republicans will just have to get Perdue over the line or have Kelly Loeffler win the runoff to keep the senate.

John James is still in play in Michigan, but that will probably go to Peters.

Tweetle Dumb weighs in

This is going to come down to AZ/NV. If my hard right buddy is correct, which I don't think he is, AZ is still in play. If Biden holds onto AZ and doesn't slip up and lose NV, it's a done deal.

Trump will take GA, NC and PA.

Over the last 45 minutes or so, PA ballots have been added at a clip of approximately 85/15 for Biden. If that keeps up - and the number of votes outstanding is correct, he will end up ahead there by over 400K. Obviously a lot of big ifs.

Pretty fucking wild that Biden has a ~3 million vote lead nationwide (and California and New York are less that 75% counted) yet this is still a nail biter election. American "Democracy" is so bizarre.

Over the last 45 minutes or so, PA ballots have been added at a clip of approximately 85/15 for Biden. If that keeps up - and the number of votes outstanding is correct, he will end up ahead there by over 400K. Obviously a lot of big ifs.

Right on time for Dump’s tweet, then

It's super concerning to me how hard mail-in/early voting broke blue. I'm dying to know the real sociology there. I'm assuming some combo of Trump deriding mail-ins and COVID-19 concerns, but if those are the two main factors, it says way too much about how deep the rift is. Just...man, concerning.

Official Election Day Thread

Don’t this loser protesters have jobs?

No. #economicanxiety

Biden is speaking now. He's not declaring victory, but he says that the campaign believes when the votes are counted, he will have 270.

Now he’s giving a unity speech about being the president for everyone. Now it’s about counting all the votes.

Last edited:
It's super concerning to me how hard mail-in/early voting broke blue. I'm dying to know the real sociology there. I'm assuming some combo of Trump deriding mail-ins and COVID-19 concerns, but if those are the two main factors, it says way too much about how deep the rift is. Just...man, concerning.

it was roughly 75/25 by registration in my county

Michigan called:

CNN saying Biden wins Michigan. They're still holding on AZ for some reason.

Sen. Bob Casey has been doing PA county updates all day. Pretty good stuff, albeit dry.

Why are people pessimistic on PA when only a few % has been added since last night and its cut Trump's lead in half?

So that means NV gets Biden to 270 if the AZ result is confirmed.

Back