• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

One of my students posted a picture of his partner voting for the first time after becoming a citizen last year. US politics is a mess. But it still all about love, country, and exercising your rights.

depends on how it's going. can't take Fox gloating. would love to see Fox gloom and doom.

Same here. Might tune in to Fox if Biden is winning just to see the gloom, otherwise no way. Probably will watch MSNBC most of the night, as blowhard Chris Matthews is no longer around, and I don't care to listen to Rick Santorum on CNN or Chris Christie on ABC. PBS might also be a good option.

wait, juice lives in St. Chuck? I always pictured you as a Wrigleyville kind of guy. I have been to the Q Center a million times and have lost plenty of $$ at the Grand Victoria in Elgin - is that still there?

Predictions for Tonight:
FL: Biden +4
NC: Biden +4
AZ: Biden +3

Those three states all called tonight, meaning the race is effectively over. We spend the next week not worrying who won the election, just tallying votes to run up the score.

wait, juice lives in St. Chuck? I always pictured you as a Wrigleyville kind of guy. I have been to the Q Center a million times and have lost plenty of $$ at the Grand Victoria in Elgin - is that still there?

giphy.gif

mr bake lives out west, I'm on the (fake) south side of Chicago

Grand Vic still there -- I am actually working on a project in Elgin

I figured BSF4L would make his way back to the boards for this day.

One of my students posted a picture of his partner voting for the first time after becoming a citizen last year. US politics is a mess. But it still all about love, country, and exercising your rights.

Technically, Americans do not have an affirmative right to vote.

Technically, Americans do not have an affirmative right to vote.

[best Denzel impression] This is not a democracy, this is a dictatorship [/failed Denzel impression]

Predictions for Tonight:
FL: Biden +4
NC: Biden +4
AZ: Biden +3

Those three states all called tonight, meaning the race is effectively over. We spend the next two months waiting for all the court cases to be adjudicated.

FTFY

Win or lose its crazy to me how close it will actually be. Even a complete Biden victory will only be a few points here and there of key states. There’s two America’s, and one is batshit crazy. Like I get a 2016 vote, you can play the I didn’t know what would happen I was optimistic, but now you know exactly what you will get this time. Like pick your topic and it’s been a shit show, number one being 1000 deaths a day, it’s so many deaths that I don’t think people even can quite comprehend what that means when it’s stated. Like not to make light of the Terrorist attack in Austria that killed 4, but our domestic terrorist President killed 135 times that yesterday, and that is actually considered a good day. Throw in the indirect consequences of businesses closing, job loss, food scarcity, etc... and it’s really just fucking sad.

Same here. Might tune in to Fox if Biden is winning just to see the gloom, otherwise no way. Probably will watch MSNBC most of the night, as blowhard Chris Matthews is no longer around, and I don't care to listen to Rick Santorum on CNN or Chris Christie on ABC. PBS might also be a good option.

Can't watch Fox. I mostly don't like MSNBC and usually default to CNN on these type of nights, but I figure I'll flip it around depending on who is talking (I turn the channel from CNN whenever Lube/Fecal Matter is speaking). Maybe I'll try CBS.

the CNN guy who runs the big zoom-in map (john king) is really annoying; other than him I'm good wtih CNN for having reasonably balanced discussion.

I’ve been doing CNN for Election Day coverage since it’s been around. May as well stick with it. I don’t like John King but I do like the big board and county level breakdowns.

Found out about a week ago that I'd have election day off (late decision from our school). If I had my shit together, I probably should be volunteering somewhere today-probably too late to do so now.

Back