• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

The 5yo just posed a terrifying scenario that none of us has even considered. “What if Viden is really President Trump and President Trump is really Viden and they’re just wearing masks”.

so Mission: Impossible

I don’t really know what to believe, I wish I had the unsophisticated rube mind that has no doubts Trump is going to win the popular vote as well as the state of New York.

are all the early votes already counted? seems like we should have a jump on voting results?

Per my link above

"JUST IN: Biden camp internals show “strong” numbers in WI, MI, NC, GA, PA, AZ & NE-2. FL is true toss-up, senior adviser tells
@NorahODonnell

Source says not seeing “red tide of low-propensity voters” for Trump. Dem says they are over-performing in WI, NC and GA. "

From Nate Silver's live chat on 538:
NATE SILVER
NOV. 3, 6:42 PM
It looks as though Republicans will wind up with around a net +2 percent on party registration in Florida. That’s not terrible for them, and they reversed a slight Democratic disadvantage based on early and absentee voting. But it’s also not great. Based on the partisan splits in recent polls of Florida, I estimated that — because Biden is doing better among independents in most polls of the state and gets somewhat more crossover voters — the breakeven point for a Trump win was about R +3.5 in Florida. That is, if Republicans led in turnout by 3.5 points or more, Trump would be the favorite to win; otherwise Biden would be. We’ll probably end up just to the Biden side of the line. With that said, there’s a lot of uncertainty. Some polls in Florida showed Biden with big leaders among independents in Florida, while in others he was running evenly with Trump.

Back