• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Man CNN has PTSD on calling states compared to the Associated Press.

Someone on the ogboards said their mom said their retired friends were ditching Trump down in Florida. #fakenews

what channel is everybody watching? I am on CNN but wish they would show some senate races.

I guess wouldn’t be too weird if the Midwest fucked the Democrats in 2016 and saved them in 2020.

Ok, but then also the president he’s running against is fucking donald trump who has been unquestionably one of if not THE worst president in the history of the United States. It’s like the model minority bullshit. Biden is old balls and milquetoast minority. He has to be perfect. It’s ludicrous.

Fear is a powerful motivator. "Dems HATE you and America and will destroy your way of life!" Is a very simple and powerful message.

what channel is everybody watching? I am on CNN but wish they would show some senate races.

MSNBC. I like how they have the expected vote left instead of percent of precincts in.

Fear is a powerful motivator. "Dems HATE you and America and will destroy your way of life!" Is a very simple and powerful message.

Yeah. Of course much of the Dem message is "Your way of life sucks and you know it because you complain about it. Vote for us and we can change it."

In Hamilton County, Ohio (Cincinnati), early voting was massive and was apparently 69% Biden.

Both Cleveland and Columbus tend to be more Democratic than Cincinnati. We'll see if it holds, but is a really good sign. But then you have all the rural counties.

CNN just poked around the OH map and Biden is outperforming HRC across tons of counties all over the state by 5+ percent.

I am fucking blown away that this election is still going. I was sure that it was going to be a giant, immediate, decisive win for Biden.

I am fucking blown away that this election is still going. I was sure that it was going to be a giant, immediate, decisive win for Biden.

Clearly the South and rural America is stupider and/or more racist than we thought

It is a strong simple message. By definition it will never change, conservative by nature is to maintain status quo or often return to a period in your life where things seemed better and simpler. So you frame a message that X is going to destroy Y which you love then pretty easy to associate them together. Nostalgia is powerful I mean if someone came along and said we are going to let you return to a time when you were a 20-22 year old in college, surrounded by the greatest concentration of like minded peers you will ever have, living off of your parents credit card and the “ton of money” you made in your stupid summer job I’d be like sign me up. Also if you vote for X this will never happen, and actually the reason why it can’t happen is because of X, vote for me!

It’s a red state and will be one moving forward

Yeah. It’s just a narrow red state in which Pubs win almost every statewide race by 1-2%. Obama, Nelson in 2006 and 2012, and current Ag Commish Nikki Fried are the only Dems to win statewide since I moved here in 2004.

I am feeling a little stressed out. Would anyone like to talk about birds?

I am feeling a little stressed out. Would anyone like to talk about birds?

You mean like we did when we were stressed out this afternoon?

Back