• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Went for a long drive today in the deep suburb/rural outskirts to get the kids to nap. Surprisingly few Trump 2020 flags still up but there were enough. When your life is so empty and pointless that you make Trumpism your entire personality it must be too jarring to quickly reinvent yourself.

Went for a long drive today in the deep suburb/rural outskirts to get the kids to nap. Surprisingly few Trump 2020 flags still up but there were enough. When your life is so empty and pointless that you make Trumpism your entire personality it must be too jarring to quickly reinvent yourself.

I would be willing to bet those people are the ones that are 100% pct sure that Trump is still going to be POTUS come January 21 2021 and Biden is going to be in prison in Gitmo - or whatever kooky conspiracy theory the "news" they are digesting is telling them. It will be interesting to see what happens to these people on February 1 or so.

I would be willing to bet those people are the ones that are 100% pct sure that Trump is still going to be POTUS come January 21 2021 and Biden is going to be in prison in Gitmo - or whatever kooky conspiracy theory the "news" they are digesting is telling them. It will be interesting to see what happens to these people on February 1 or so.

They'll likely just forever conclude and say that Biden and the LibDems stole the election somehow (I've read several times the excuse that Biden couldn't possibly have gotten 80 million votes because he hardly ever campaigned in public and stayed in his basement for the entire campaign), and they'll start eagerly anticipating Dear Leader running again in 2024 on a grand "Revenge Tour" to restore him to his rightful place in the Oval Office. And the sad part is that he probably will run again in four years (if he's still alive) and he'll easily win the GOP nomination over anybody who runs against him, and he'll have a very good chance of winning the general election if this year's results are any indicator. So his supporters will just switch from "He'll still be POTUS in January" to "He was CHEATED!" to "We'll put him back in office in '24 and gain sweet revenge on all of our enemies!" That's how they think. Good Luck to Biden in trying to govern the nation, as he's going to need it, and then some.

Last edited:
They'll likely just forever conclude and say that Biden and the LibDems stole the election somehow (I've read several times the excuse that Biden couldn't possibly have gotten 80 million votes because he hardly ever campaigned in public and stayed in his basement for the entire campaign), and they'll start eagerly anticipating Dear Leader running again in 2024 on a grand "Revenge Tour" to restore him to his rightful place in the Oval Office. And the sad part is that he probably will run again in four years (if he's still alive) and he'll easily win the GOP nomination over anybody who runs against him, and he'll have a very good chance of winning the general election if this year's results are any indicator. So his supporters will just switch from "He'll still be POTUS in January" to "He was CHEATED!" to "We'll put him back in office in '24 and gain sweet revenge on all of our enemies!" That's how they think. Good Luck to Biden in trying to govern the nation, as he's going to need it, and then some.

Yeah, good luck. In some ways, he's reminding me of President Hindenburg.

To be fair, they think Liberals did that to Trump for the last 4 years with the Russia hoax and the Ukraine impeachment.

At some point their brains are going to explode trying to match up right-wing misinformation with the reality they can't ignore.

I'd bet one factor that could impact Trump's decision to run in 2024 is who controls the House and Senate. If there is a good chance that Democrats control both, I could see Trump having no desire to deal with that hassle.

I'd bet one factor that could impact Trump's decision to run in 2024 is who controls the House and Senate. If there is a good chance that Democrats control both, I could see Trump having no desire to deal with that hassle.

He would run anyway and Republicans would assume the lack of a blue wave in 2020 means they will take over both in 2024 anyway.

Who else loves being governed by a selfish generation of geriatrics.

I find the complete and total lack of representation from D'generation X most disturbing.

It's sad that there are so many more Silents and Boomers than Millenials and Get X'ers

The oldest Gen Xers are 55. The Boomer and Silent dominance is shameful.

They built a system to remain in power and here we are. A shithole country full of deplorable grifters.

Pretty amazing that the greatest generation went to Europe to fight nazis and their children are content to open that door up here at home.

Millennials are also fighting through a second, once in a lifetime recession. One entirely brought on by Republicans, the other facilitated by Republican incompetence. How anyone my age that wasn't handed a business out of college is still a Republican is beyond me.

Back