• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Also I saw reports that Camp Cupcake may feature a match against Canada in addition to the rumored match against Serbia.

So Ayo would be playing against us. I agree with SD3 that it makes sense for him to pick Canada, and I won’t miss him. There are 5-6 U23 strikers above him.

Also I saw reports that Camp Cupcake may feature a match against Canada in addition to the rumored match against Serbia.

So Ayo would be playing against us. I agree with SD3 that it makes sense for him to pick Canada, and I won’t miss him. There are 5-6 U23 strikers above him.

He’ll need to file a one time switch and get it approved in time for the match to feature against us. But I do agree he’s gone no matter if it happens this month or in the future.

Weston McKennie subbed off after 18 minutes or so. ESPN saying it’s injury related but honestly didn’t appear to be. He had some words with Pirlo as he came off as well. Very bizarre.

Andres Perea was given a one time switch to USMNT. Nice addition although he’d been in the mix waiting for this. I would imagine Orlando City also likes seeing the news.

A few links and news items for Friday

Jordan Morris linked to Swansea. 6-month loan with possibility of a buyout if Swansea gets promoted.
https://sbisoccer.com/2021/01/report-swansea-city-in-talks-to-acquire-morris-on-loan

ESPN puts together a priority list for the USMNT/Berhalter to address in 2021
https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...behind-stars-and-determine-future-of-veterans

Olympic Qualifying scheduled for March in Mexico
https://www.espn.com/soccer/concaca...ncacaf-olympic-qualifying-tournament-in-march

McKenzie already in the starting lineup for Genk

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread (January camp is here)

Hoppe scores again with a poachers effort. The kid just has a knack for goal, even on this horrible team. That being said his build-up skills are woof.

If you could combine Sargent and Hoppe we’d have a world class young striker.

Last edited:
In news that's so silly until you kinda think about it and then it seems sorta relevant:

Yunus Musah now has a twitter account. He follows 12 accounts. The USMNT twitter account is one of the twelve. No connection to England in the other 11 accounts (other than fellow Arsenal players/prospects).

Hoppe again

5 in last 3 for Schalke

I don't think he's a particularly good soccer player at this age but his instincts in front of goal are special for a 19 year old. We have nobody else like that in the pool. He's a higher ceiling Wondo, which is isn't a bad thing.

I don't think he's a particularly good soccer player at this age but his instincts in front of goal are special for a 19 year old. We have nobody else like that in the pool. He's a higher ceiling Wondo, which is isn't a bad thing.

Yeah idk. Funny, we say this about Hoppe then defend Sargent.

Hoppe: 5 in 3 for Schaklke
Sargent: 1 in 16 for Werder

Yeah idk. Funny, we say this about Hoppe then defend Sargent.

Hoppe: 5 in 3 for Schaklke
Sargent: 1 in 16 for Werder

TBF its 5 in 7 for Hoppe, just 5 in the last 3 matches. But still an obviously far better goal rate. But if you watch the two play Sargent is so much better on the ball and in the build-up than Hoppe. Gyasi's first touch is far better than Hoppe's.

But if you can't score then you're worthless at the #9. Hopefully they both feature in the USMNT moving forward and Sargent gets hot in front of goal. Or plays on a less dreadful side.

Last edited:
Sargent put home a banger

Adam’s scored today too, but haven’t seen the video yet

Sargent’s screamer:

Weston had himself a day with a goal to boot.

CP10 had a dreadful performance and of course went straight to see the physio when he was subbed off. SMH.

And Mark McKenzie with the start!

Weston had himself a day with a goal to boot.

CP10 had a dreadful performance and of course went straight to see the physio when he was subbed off. SMH.

And Mark McKenzie with the start!

I watched that Juve game. McKennie was probably Juve’s most effective player. Now, don’t get me wrong, Ronaldo didn’t do much because Juve didn’t make much effort to get him the ball. But he was great in midfield, especially considering how high up they had him playing. I mean he was up top regularly. So pleased with how he’s done. Juve is gonna get a good deal with they exercise the clause on him.

Any report on how McKenzie did for Genk?

Back