• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Dike just looked like he was convinced he was offside on his goal. He pulled up when I would expect him to make the keeper commit more. Definitely worked though - just looked odd.

Musah has tons of skill but I think consistency and production haven't shown up yet at Valencia. He's 18. Huge potential there.

Also think Aaronsen is very underrated - love what he does. Not as technical as Pulisic or Reyna but not far off and his positioning and decisions are excellent.

Starting 11 for WC should be Puli, Dike, Reyna upfront with Aaronson and Sargent first subs, McKennie, Musah, and Adams at mid with Dest first sub and Lletget if really needed and then Yedlin and Robinson as outside defenders with Brooks as one center back and 2nd center back to still be determined along with backups as Ream and Cannon can come in for outside defense (ream only if desperate) and need to see who can earn other center back between McKenzie, miazga, Brooks and Zimmerman.

kinda nuts (but sweet) that he's even eligible to play for the USMNT anyways

Eww no. Stay at Leipzig and let Jesse build his press around you. He’s perfect for his style and system. Much better fit than when Nagelsman was there.

Watched parts of the game last night, Dike has to start in our first WCQ. He’s still raw and doesn’t crash the goal as hard as I’d like, but he just offers so much more than our other options.

Yeah, with Xhaka off to Roma, they're looking for a replacement, I guess? Worse yet, to play him at RB? Stay in Germany, please.

I believe that Arteta will be sacked within 12 months from this very post. He just doesn't have "it".

Adams would be foolish to move to Arsenal right now, IMO.

Final CONCACAF qualifiers tonight:

El Salvador up 4-0 on St. Kitts, heading back to El Salvador tonight. That one is #over

Canada up 1-0 on Haiti, that goal being an away goal. They play tonight in...checks notes...Illinois...in front of an empty crowd. Haiti would probably be out of this tie, but the neutral field away match might give them some hope?

Panama up 2-1 On Curacao heading to Willemstad. Panama looked set to cruise into the Octagonal, but Curacao grabbed a 90th minute away goal to spice this one up. A 1-0 win tonight would send Curacao through, but Panama will still be favored this evening.

Ewwww

new USMNT away shirt is fucking ugly

E4AnPyEVIAEyiZw

I think it is quite literally the worst ive ever seen

You first think the fix is in, and he’s about to be investigated for match fixing. Then you watch it again and realize it’s impossible to actively attempt to make that play and strike it with your plant foot and make it look that convincing. It’s just such an incredible blunder it’s beautiful.

That jersey is fireeeeee. It’s not rocket pop but it’ll do.

Yeah I'm ok with that jersey. Loud and not really US colors, but its better than most of the ugly unoriginal stuff they go with. I'm just glad we've stuck with the crest.

Back