Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (Olympic failure, eat a Dike Kreis/Atlanta)

Also I saw reports that Camp Cupcake may feature a match against Canada in addition to the rumored match against Serbia.

So Ayo would be playing against us. I agree with SD3 that it makes sense for him to pick Canada, and I wonít miss him. There are 5-6 U23 strikers above him.

Donít think itíll let me embed this, but hereís a link to Hoppeís hat trick

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/4283393
    Last edited by DCDeacon; 01-09-2021 at 01:56 PM. Reason: stupid iphone autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeacon View Post
    Donít think itíll let me embed this, but hereís a link to Hoppeís hat trick

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/4283393
    And for fun, I thought I'd add this reaction from Weston:

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Also I saw reports that Camp Cupcake may feature a match against Canada in addition to the rumored match against Serbia.

So Ayo would be playing against us. I agree with SD3 that it makes sense for him to pick Canada, and I wonít miss him. There are 5-6 U23 strikers above him.
    Heíll need to file a one time switch and get it approved in time for the match to feature against us. But I do agree heís gone no matter if it happens this month or in the future.

Weston McKennie subbed off after 18 minutes or so. ESPN saying itís injury related but honestly didnít appear to be. He had some words with Pirlo as he came off as well. Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Weston McKennie subbed off after 18 minutes or so. ESPN saying itís injury related but honestly didnít appear to be. He had some words with Pirlo as he came off as well. Very bizarre.
    https://sbisoccer.com/2021/01/mckenn...pparent-injury

Andres Perea was given a one time switch to USMNT. Nice addition although heíd been in the mix waiting for this. I would imagine Orlando City also likes seeing the news.

A few links and news items for Friday

Jordan Morris linked to Swansea. 6-month loan with possibility of a buyout if Swansea gets promoted.
    https://sbisoccer.com/2021/01/report...morris-on-loan

ESPN puts together a priority list for the USMNT/Berhalter to address in 2021
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...re-of-veterans

Olympic Qualifying scheduled for March in Mexico
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/concacaf...ament-in-march

McKenzie already in the starting lineup for Genk

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread (January camp is here)

Hoppe scores again with a poachers effort. The kid just has a knack for goal, even on this horrible team. That being said his build-up skills are woof.

If you could combine Sargent and Hoppe weíd have a world class young striker.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 01-17-2021 at 02:23 PM.

In news that's so silly until you kinda think about it and then it seems sorta relevant:

Yunus Musah now has a twitter account. He follows 12 accounts. The USMNT twitter account is one of the twelve. No connection to England in the other 11 accounts (other than fellow Arsenal players/prospects).

Hoppe again

5 in last 3 for Schalke

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Hoppe again

5 in last 3 for Schalke
    I don't think he's a particularly good soccer player at this age but his instincts in front of goal are special for a 19 year old. We have nobody else like that in the pool. He's a higher ceiling Wondo, which is isn't a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I don't think he's a particularly good soccer player at this age but his instincts in front of goal are special for a 19 year old. We have nobody else like that in the pool. He's a higher ceiling Wondo, which is isn't a bad thing.
    Yeah idk. Funny, we say this about Hoppe then defend Sargent.

Hoppe: 5 in 3 for Schaklke
    Sargent: 1 in 16 for Werder

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Yeah idk. Funny, we say this about Hoppe then defend Sargent.

Hoppe: 5 in 3 for Schaklke
    Sargent: 1 in 16 for Werder
    TBF its 5 in 7 for Hoppe, just 5 in the last 3 matches. But still an obviously far better goal rate. But if you watch the two play Sargent is so much better on the ball and in the build-up than Hoppe. Gyasi's first touch is far better than Hoppe's.

But if you can't score then you're worthless at the #9. Hopefully they both feature in the USMNT moving forward and Sargent gets hot in front of goal. Or plays on a less dreadful side.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 01-20-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Gyasi Zardes has a better first touch than somebody?

whaaaaa?
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Some new items for Friday

It's official, Jordan Morris is headed to Swansea.

Speaking of Championship Division, Soto has been recalled from Telstar by Norwich City.

Missed this goal a couple days ago by Gioacchini

Rumors continue to swirl around Brian Reynolds and apparently AS Roma are the favorites, though others are said to be pursuing him as well.

Sargent put home a banger

Adamís scored today too, but havenít seen the video yet

Sargentís screamer:

Weston had himself a day with a goal to boot.

CP10 had a dreadful performance and of course went straight to see the physio when he was subbed off. SMH.

And Mark McKenzie with the start!

Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Weston had himself a day with a goal to boot.

CP10 had a dreadful performance and of course went straight to see the physio when he was subbed off. SMH.

And Mark McKenzie with the start!
    I watched that Juve game. McKennie was probably Juveís most effective player. Now, donít get me wrong, Ronaldo didnít do much because Juve didnít make much effort to get him the ball. But he was great in midfield, especially considering how high up they had him playing. I mean he was up top regularly. So pleased with how heís done. Juve is gonna get a good deal with they exercise the clause on him.

Any report on how McKenzie did for Genk?