Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (Olympic failure, eat a Dike Kreis/Atlanta)

Sweet!

ESPN FC

@ESPNFC

3m
    Juventus have confirmed the permanent signing of Weston McKennie from Schalke after exercising their option to buy the midfielder for Ä18.5 million
    Football. Bloody Hell.

lol what a damn steal

Reports overnight claiming that England are confident they'll land Yunus Musah

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Reports overnight claiming that England are confident they'll land Yunus Musah

Eh, I don't believe it. Dude is still all over USMNT social media and he's not getting a call up to this summer's Euro coming off the bench at Valencia. Way too much talent ahead of him

I guess we'll find out with the March friendlies roster drop. If he's not on it, then we panic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Eh, I don't believe it. Dude is still all over USMNT social media and he's not getting a call up to this summer's Euro coming off the bench at Valencia. Way too much talent ahead of him

I guess we'll find out with the March friendlies roster drop. If he's not on it, then we panic.
    Yep, agreed. I don't think he has a shot at Euros or WC 2022 with England. In fairness to social media activity, he interacts often with the England Instagram posts. So I'm not putting any weight into that.

Dike just scored a header for Barnsley. Completely out-muscled his marker.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

lol just look how #3 bounced off the big man

Football. Bloody Hell.

Dike coming on for the USMNT during the last 20 mins when chasing a goal would be a great role for his current skill set. He is a monster on set pieces.

I also don't think he's heading back to Orlando. The won't get $20M, or whatever the reported purchase option was, for him but Barnsley (if promoted) or somebody in England will offer them 8-10M and they'll have to take it.

Dike coming on for the USMNT during the last 20 mins when chasing a goal would be a great role for his current skill set. He is a monster on set pieces.

I also don't think he's heading back to Orlando. The won't get $20M, or whatever the reported purchase option was, for him but Barnsley (if promoted) or somebody in England will offer them 8-10M and they'll have to take it.
    Honestly, I think you're underestimating his current skill set. His hold up play and distribution with Orlando while also scoring bangers was pretty exceptional. He's also constantly fouled around the box when a defender is stranded with him, so you have the ability to find set pieces out of nothing when he's on the field as well. I think he's beginning to play himself into the conversation much more quickly than any of us expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eWdZ5mhaA

Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Honestly, I think you're underestimating his current skill set. His hold up play and distribution with Orlando while also scoring bangers was pretty exceptional. He's also constantly fouled around the box when a defender is stranded with him, so you have the ability to find set pieces out of nothing when he's on the field as well. I think he's beginning to play himself into the conversation much more quickly than any of us expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eWdZ5mhaA
    I don't watch a lot of the Championship but the Scuffed and TSS podcast guys have been pretty consistent in talking about how frequently he gives the ball away for Barnsley. Of course he's only been there for a month, so he could be a much more well rounded player by June.

Adams (RBL) vs. Brooks (WOL) in the QFs of the German Cup right now on ESPN+

0-0 in the 45th minute but the game is wide open. Wolfsburg missed a PK earlier.

Adams (7.2) and Brooks (7.1) two of the highest rated players on FotMob so far.

Glad to see Adams playing at the #6 again, he was immense there against Gladbach over the weekend.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Adams (RBL) vs. Brooks (WOL) in the QFs of the German Cup right now on ESPN+

0-0 in the 45th minute but the game is wide open. Wolfsburg missed a PK earlier.

Adams (7.2) and Brooks (7.1) two of the highest rated players on FotMob so far.

Glad to see Adams playing at the #6 again, he was immense there against Gladbach over the weekend.
    Adams looks really good

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread (yunUS mUSAh please)

Quote Originally Posted by siff View Post
    Adams looks really good
    He really has. His passing had been very sharp, even when was moved to RWB.

Brooks 100% fouled (two arm grab from behind) on the build up to RBLís second goal, VAR doesnít overturn. I guess they make mistakes in Germany too.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 03-03-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Dike my god
    Holy shit

Daryl is quickly vaulting up the USMNT depth chart

Holy shit

Daryl is quickly vaulting up the USMNT depth chart
    Pretty sure heís at the top. He is 100% the starter for a WCQ played tomorrow

Thunderbolt!
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Taylor Booth scores on a rocket for St Polten, and Brenden Aaronson follows it up with a beauty for RB Salzburg in a matchup of young Americans.

USMNTers dominating the Austrian Bundesliga.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Scratch that: USMNTers DOMINATING THE ENTIRE GERMAN SPEAKING WORLD

Josh Sargent puts Bremen ahead 1-0 vs Koln