• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
images

images

images

images

17721638.295.jpg

Last edited:
Copying the upcoming roster DCDeacon posted and moving it over here:

Friendly roster selections released

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge), Chituru Odunze (Leicester City), Zack Steffen (Manchester City)

DEFENDERS
John Brooks (Wolfsburg), Reggie Cannon (Boavista), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona), Matt Miazga (Anderlecht), Tim Ream (Fulham), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich), Antonee Robinson (Fulham)

MIDFIELDERS
Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Owen Otasowie (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

FORWARDS
Konrad de la Fuente (Barcelona), Nicholas Gioacchini (Caen), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Uly Llanez (Heerenveen), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Sebastian Soto (Telstar), Tim Weah (Lille)

Wales:

Steffen
Dest-Richards-Brooks-Robinson
Adams-McKennie
Musah-Reyna-Pulisic
Sargent

Panama:

Horvath 45 mins, Odunze 45 mins
Cannon-Otasowie-Miazga-Ream
Llanez-Ledezma-Cardoso-KDF
Weah-Soto-Giacchini (Pick two)

I doubt that's exactly what happens but I hope everybody plays and gels. Time to build the squad.

Also worth noting that Wales will be without its coach, who is dealing with assault allegations.

I agree with your idea, Brasky. I think first game we go for the best team we can put out there (I don't know if that includes Musah or not...I think camp will decide that). But second match should be "let's give lots of guys a game/cap" and see what we got.

Copying the upcoming roster DCDeacon posted and moving it over here:

Friendly roster selections released

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge), Chituru Odunze (Leicester City), Zack Steffen (Manchester City)

DEFENDERS
John Brooks (Wolfsburg), Reggie Cannon (Boavista), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona), Matt Miazga (Anderlecht), Tim Ream (Fulham), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich), Antonee Robinson (Fulham)

MIDFIELDERS
Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Owen Otasowie (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

FORWARDS
Konrad de la Fuente (Barcelona), Nicholas Gioacchini (Caen), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Uly Llanez (Heerenveen), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Sebastian Soto (Telstar), Tim Weah (Lille)

Meaning no disrespect to MLS, comparing this to the last couple world cup rosters....wow. What a massive leap forward. Golden generation!

MLS was involved in development of a respectable number of these players and where they are now.

Pretty sure Pulisic is hurt and not playing in the match vs Wales

Probably true, though Berhalter keeps claiming "day to day"

Probably to keep tix sales coming in. Given Pulisic was just coming back from injury to get hurt in warm-ups I don't think it would go over real well with Mr Lampard for him to risk it in a friendly since he is having a hard time staying healthy for club.

Probably to keep tix sales coming in. Given Pulisic was just coming back from injury to get hurt in warm-ups I don't think it would go over real well with Mr Lampard for him to risk it in a friendly since he is having a hard time staying healthy for club.

Are the Welsh relying that heavily on Pulisic being involved to sell tickets to a match where no fans are allowed? :plos:

Are the Welsh relying that heavily on Pulisic being involved to sell tickets to a match where no fans are allowed? :plos:

Haha yeah.

I doubt CP10 plays, but I'm glad is there for the #vibes

My guess to who starts against Wales:

Llanez-Gioacchini-Reyna
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Robinson-Brooks-Miazga-Dest
Steffen

I could see Weah starting over Llanez or Richards for Miazga. Cannon probably subs in at FB for the player who will start alongside him against Panama.

I hope Musah starts both matches, we need to wine and dine this kid.

I guess if I was making the XI tomorrow:

------------Don't care--------------
------Pulisic--Reyna--Musah------
--------McKennie----Adams-------
Dest--Brooks--Richards--Cannon
-------------Steffan----------------

Fine with swapping Robinson in for Cannon and flipping Dest over if needed. Is Richards a CB? If not then I guess Miazga for Richards. I don't care who starts at center forward, that's Daryl Dike's position now once he shocks the Nigerians and commits to the US. I probably start Soto if you put a gun to my head.

I guess if I was making the XI tomorrow:

------------Don't care--------------
------Pulisic--Reyna--Musah------
--------McKennie----Adams-------
Dest--Brooks--Richards--Cannon
-------------Steffan----------------

Fine with swapping Robinson in for Cannon and flipping Dest over if needed. Is Richards a CB? If not then I guess Miazga for Richards. I don't care who starts at center forward, that's Daryl Dike's position now once he shocks the Nigerians and commits to the US. I probably start Soto if you put a gun to my head.

Sounds like Berhalter intends to use Musah as part of his midfield 3 presumably along with Adams and McKennie. I'd be surprised if the first choice full backs aren't Robinson and Dest. Assuming Pulisic's hamstring keeps him out, this is my guess:

------------Soto--------------
---Konrad--------Reyna-----
Musah---Adams---McKennie
Robinson-Brooks-Miazga-Dest
----------Steffen--------------

I personally gave Cannon the nod because of his performance vs. Mexico last year and he's played every minute since moving to Europe, but Robinson is probably the started as you mentioned.

I personally gave Cannon the nod because of his performance vs. Mexico last year and he's played every minute since moving to Europe, but Robinson is probably the started as you mentioned.

I like Cannon too. With him, Dest and Yedlin, right back is probably our deepest position.

Yep, pretty wild that fullback is now a position of strength for the USMNT after being our main weakness since Dolo retired.

I think we knew he wouldn't play, but I'm glad Pulisic went to the camp for some amount. I think it's important for him to be around the team and getting to spend time with the folks in camp.

Regardless of who starts, it'll be interesting to see how our shape changes when we have the ball vs while defending.

Reyna is gonna score tomorrow, I can feel it. The storyline there is too good.

So fucking pumped for tomorrow. Gotta make sure to wrap my final Zoom class by 2:45 (we end at 3pm but kids can start working remotely at 2:30).

3-0 Reyna, Dest and Gioacchini score. Adams bosses the MF for 60 mins and then Cardoso comes on closes it out.

Back