Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 401

Thread: Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (Olympic failure, eat a Dike Kreis/Atlanta)

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeacon View Post
    That would be pretty amazing and I'd agree a shorter timeline favors the US, especially with England fumbling over themselves saying he can have a shot at U-21s but not with full men's team yet.

    Where'd you find that sd3? Pretty good #Scoop.
    This wasnít the original article I read but they cover it too. On Musah speaking with Trippier about England and Southgate after last weekends match:

    ď Yunus Musah who turned 18 this Monday, has agreed to make a decision by the next international break in March. Valenciaís winger has represented England through the all lower categories up to u18 as the country he grew up in, but he can also play for the United States as heís been born in New York. He has represented the USA international team in two friendlies during the last break, against Wales and Panama, but he can still decide to play for England as they were friendly matches.Ē

    http://dlvr.it/RmmDHy

  2. #162

  3. #163
    McKenzie gets the start tonight

    when was the last time a Deac suited up for the USMNT? Ike?

    edit: missed that McKenzie came on as a sub in a friendly against Costa Rica in February, so I guess the answer is McKenzie.

    to be honest, I don't remember him much at Wake -- he only started in five games in his one season

    was he pretty well regarded back then or did he make some pretty big leaps?
    Last edited by JuiceCrewAllStar; 12-09-2020 at 08:55 PM.

  4. #164
    Thatís a hell of a goal stared by our boy!

  5. #165
    This B/C team is running and gunning against a half decent CONCACAF side in El Salvador. Up 4-0 in 25 mins. This depth is very promising. Chris Mueller is having a great debut.

  6. #166
    husky's guy Chris Mueller having a game

    MLS leadership has got to be loving this

  7. #167
    He was pretty well regarded coming out of Union. If I recall we had McKenzie and Matthew Real in the fold. Both were offered USL contracts, McKenzie turned his down.

    He played behind Politz which was tough as he rarely came out. However, once he got hurt, McKenzie thrown into the fire and honestly did pretty well for a freshman. He had a really solid ACC tourney, if I recall. He also played for Gdula a couple of times?

    Real I think is still bouncing around with the Steel. Iím not saying one made a better decision, but I think a year at an elite college program can be more beneficial than a year in the USL, which seems to be a hot topic of debate.

  8. #168

  9. #169
    5-0 in 27 mins. Akinola gets his first.

    Mueller with 2 goals and 2 assists already.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    He was pretty well regarded coming out of Union. If I recall we had McKenzie and Matthew Real in the fold. Both were offered USL contracts, McKenzie turned his down.

    He played behind Politz which was tough as he rarely came out. However, once he got hurt, McKenzie thrown into the fire and honestly did pretty well for a freshman. He had a really solid ACC tourney, if I recall. He also played for Gdula a couple of times?

    Real I think is still bouncing around with the Steel. Iím not saying one made a better decision, but I think a year at an elite college program can be more beneficial than a year in the USL, which seems to be a hot topic of debate.
    Also to note (canít edit for some reason), Realís spot I believe then went to Joey D. So that worked out well.

  11. #171
    Damn McKenzie has his first US goal called back for what looked to be an incorrect offside call off of a set piece.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    husky's guy Chris Mueller having a game

    MLS leadership has got to be loving this
    Yeah he's looking pretty comfortable tonight. Weird game, US waltzed to 5 goals. Not sure what El Salvador's plan was.

  13. #173
    Assuming the Olympics take place and we qualify, I really hope we make that the priority next summer. We could have a pretty baller side with just U23s. Only issue is that it is not FIFA protected so its doubtful that the big Euro guys would get released by their clubs.

  14. #174
    whatís up with Dike not making the matchday roster?

  15. #175
    Poor second half. Little disappointing not seeing subs showing more effort. I know they're up 6, but they've been mostly sloppy and uninterested.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    whatís up with Dike not making the matchday roster?
    Hamstring injury.

  17. #177

  18. #178
    In his first start in...forever, Weah bags a goal against his former team.


  19. #179
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    17,698
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeacon View Post
    In his first start in...forever, Weah bags a goal against his former team.

    That's a hell of a volley. Good for you, Timothy

  20. #180
    Have read this story several times, but first time I've heard it told from Gio's perspective. Pretty amazing read:

    For Jack on The Players Tribune

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •