• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Not sure I agree. A true goal poacher like a Pippo Inzaghi or Chicharito (ducks) could be really deadly in a side with the creative talent we have from the middle and wings. We don't need to lob in aerial 50/50s to be successful.

Akinola or maybe Gioacchini would probably be that guy in the pool right now. Altidore and Sargent are more of deep lying forwards, Dike and Soto more lump in the box target types.

Akinola or maybe Gioacchini would probably be that guy in the pool right now. Altidore and Sargent are more of deep lying forwards, Dike and Soto more lump in the box target types.

Is Dike really that type? Everything I've been seeing with Orlando is them giving him the ball and he creates goals out of almost nothing. Quite a few from outside the box, no? Not my definition of a target type, but I'll admit i've only seen highlights.

Is Dike really that type? Everything I've been seeing with Orlando is them giving him the ball and he creates goals out of almost nothing. Quite a few from outside the box, no? Not my definition of a target type, but I'll admit i've only seen highlights.

You might be right, he’s more technical than I’m giving him credit. He’s kind of his own type of striker. In fact him and Nico G are kind of similar in that regards. They’re “complete forwards”, who do a little of everything but could both stand to be more ruthless in front of the net.

I just want to say that I really enjoy Brasky using terms from Football Manager to describe players over the past few years. It is like I can pinpoint the moment in time he discovered that awesome game.

Once he says Mezzala instead of an 8 I'm going to cum hard.

occasionally wakephan09 will throw out "regista" or whatever and i'm always like dang ok you win this round idk what that is

I just want to say that I really enjoy Brasky using terms from Football Manager to describe players over the past few years. It is like I can pinpoint the moment in time he discovered that awesome game.

Haha its definitely the root of my positional vocabulary, thankfully the new FIFA uses the same terminology so I don't have to buy FM anymore, which has sadly become garbage.

I had to google what a false 9 was yesterday, so there's that. But I din't touch a soccer ball until after high school so cut me some slack.

Same with boobies

Haha its definitely the root of my positional vocabulary, thankfully the new FIFA uses the same terminology so I don't have to buy FM anymore, which has sadly become garbage.

somebody hasn't taken Watford to the CL knockout stages in 2023. And somebody has. (that's me)

I still love the game and I've played it since Championship Manager 99. ....I'm old.

in college he seemed to be more of a hold up big body type

encouraging to hear he's also making plays with his feet -- might be the real deal

his transfermarkt value is quite low, though -- any buzz on Euro teams sniffing around?

in college he seemed to be more of a hold up big body type

encouraging to hear he's also making plays with his feet -- might be the real deal

his transfermarkt value is quite low, though -- any buzz on Euro teams sniffing around?

I think that’s true. But the goal he scored against us was a smooth turn and a unstoppable top shelf rocket.

I’ll say this. As if I haven’t said it. Dike gives this teams options that I haven’t seen from the current true target strikers.

Not sure I agree. A true goal poacher like a Pippo Inzaghi or Chicharito (ducks) could be really deadly in a side with the creative talent we have from the middle and wings. We don't need to lob in aerial 50/50s to be successful.

No, I get your point. But those 50/50 moments and needing to help relieve pressure come up all the time. Not every cross into the box is on the ground. Need a guy that can win a header in the box. Chicarito seems to do better when paired with that guy (eg, Jimenez).

Its Gameday #2 dudes!

Per Berhalter's press conference yesterday:

We will start a "true #9" today, Reggie Cannon will start, and there will hopefully be a domestic camp and friendly in December.

My guess for today:

Llanez-Gioacchinni-Reyna
McKennie-Johnny-Musah
Robinson-Ream-Richards-Cannon
Horvath

Steffen, Dest and Adams rested - nothing more they need to do. Ledezma and Lletget for McKennie and Musah at halftime. Around 55-60 mins Weah on for Reyna, Soto for Gioacchinni. Otosowie and KDF also on later in the match.

Today's lineup

Gioacchinni
Llanez Reyna
Adams McKennie Musah
Dest Miazga Ream Cannon
Steffen

Would have like to see Richards start but the rest is cool

Apparently we wanted to make sure we had Tim Ream's speed back there

(I kid...I like Ream, but Richards is the future and quicker, faster, and much better distributor of the ball)

Apparently we wanted to make sure we had Tim Ream's speed back there

(I kid...I like Ream, but Richards is the future and quicker, faster, and much better distributor of the ball)

No problem with Ream rotating in as Brook’s backup at LCB. Just not sure why Miazga plays again over Richards. He’s also too slow to be paired with Ream.

Back