• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I thought ATL especially kind of looked like they were clicking already even when they went down to 10 men.

And Jozy, who may just be a bit rusty, couldn't put the ball on frame to save his life. Constantly making the right run or finding space, but really left too much to be desired in the final aspect.

Plus, mid week games at 6, 8, and 10 in the evening make for a good viewership imo.

Dude its great, my wife usually goes to bed between 8 and 9 so I watched the second half of the 8 pm game and the first half of the 10 pm game each night. Also every game is on FS1, the last two seasons they put most of the games on FS2 or on Demand, so its only get more popular. The Mexican teams probably get the best ratings.

Excited for the second legs next week, having a MLS team win this and then play in the Club World Cup in December would be dope, and a big moment for the league.

Just bumping this to remind y'all that #CCLfever is back tonight on FS1.

Also Dike scored again over the weekend, Puli had a double on Saturday and is starting against Porto in 30 mins in the CL, Reyna looked good and had an assist for Dortmund.

Get hyped America!

JOZY! is cooked. It doesn’t appear he’s even made the bench tonight.

Toronto was +700 to beat the defending LigaMX champs and knocked them out without Pozuelo, Jozy, Akinola, and Mavinga. Massive performances from their homegrowns, that Okello is a baller.

Philly balling out tonight and Columbus up 4-0 after the first leg. MLS is going to have 5 of the quarter finalists. Lets fucking go!

Been a bit out of touch with what's going with Men's soccer, but it was announced they will have a couple of matches in Denver in June. Since I live here, wondering if it's worth going or is the team hot garbage and not worth watching right now?

Been a bit out of touch with what's going with Men's soccer, but it was announced they will have a couple of matches in Denver in June. Since I live here, wondering if it's worth going or is the team hot garbage and not worth watching right now?

Would definitely go, I even looked at flights from Greensboro this morning. Should be our A team loaded with young talent:

Christian Pulisic - Chelsea
Sergino Dest - Barcelona
Weston McKennie - Juventus
Tyler Adams - RB Leipzig
Gio Reyna - Dortmund
John Brooks - Wolfsburg
Zac Staffan - Man City
Yunus Musah - Valencia
Josh Sargent - Bremen

To name a few

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (Olympic failure, eat a Dike Kreis/Atlanta)

The Daryl Dike episode of the Orange Slices podcast just dropped and it’s great. I love this guy. It’s a newer podcast that is hosted by Mark McKenzie and Heath Pearce. Highly recommend.

Dike goes in the Super League. And shits on Arsenal. Guess he’s not going there this summer.

Last edited:
Preliminary USMNT Nations League roster

GOALKEEPERS: Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, David Ochoa, Zack Steffen, Matt Turner

DEFENDERS: John Brooks, Reggie Cannon, Sergino Dest, Aaron Long, Mark McKenzie, Matt Miazga, Tim Ream, Bryan Reynolds, Chris Richards, Antonee Robinson, Miles Robinson, Sam Vines, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman

MIDFIELDERS: Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Luca De La Torre, Sebastian Lletget, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Owen Otasowie, Kellyn Acosta, Gio Reyna, Cristian Roldan, Jackson Yueill

FORWARDS: Paul Arriola, Tyler Boyd, Konrad De La Fuente, Daryl Dike, Nicholas Gioacchini, Christian Pulisic, Josh Sargent, Jordan Siebatcheu, Tim Weah, Gyasi Zardes

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (Olympic failure, eat a Dike Kreis/Atlanta)

My Nations League 23:

GK:Steffen, Johnson, Horvath (3)
DEF: Dest, Cannon, A. Robinson, Brooks, Richards, Long, Miazga, Yedlin (8)
MID: Aaronson, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Musah, Lletget, Acosta (7)
FWD: Sargent, Dike, Pulisic, Weah, Siebatcheu

My Gold Cup 23:
GK: Turner, Ochoa, Hamid (3)
DEF: Zimmerman, McKenzie, M. Robinson, Ream, Bello, Vines, Reynolds, Araujo (8)
MID: Yueill, Roldan, De la Torre, Williamson, Bassett, Pomykal (6)
FWD: Zardes, Gioacchini, Mueller, Cade Cowell, Caden Clark, Busio (6)

Both of those teams can win each tournament, especially if Mexico also brings their B side to the Gold Cup. Nations League has the 20 best players and few roster fillers. Gold Cup has a few veterans who know Berhalter's system and a bunch of young players who could break into the full national team over the next 2-3 years. Nations League is built around Adams at DM, Yueill starts at the #6 for the Gold Cup.

Last edited:
Tim Weah is on the verge of winning a Ligue 1 title. Bonkers.

Roster for Switzerland friendly next week. Could be some changes based on European promotion/relegation playoffs.

GOALKEEPERS:
Horvath, Ethan - Club Brugge
Odunze, Chituru - Leicester City
Ochoa, David - Real Salt Lake

DEFENDERS:
Brooks, John - Wolfsburg
Cannon, Reggie - Boavista
Che, Justin - Bayern Munich
Dest, Sergino - Barcelona
McKenzie, Mark - Genk
Miazga, Matt - Anderlecht
Ream, Tim - Fulham