• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Ledezma did his ACL yesterday in Europa League and will be out the rest of the season and almost certainly next summer's matches.

With Pulisic out again today due to hamstring concerns I’m officially moving Reyna to LM in my USMNT depth chart. It’s where he shines. Pulisic, when healthy, can play on the right.

Another Yank breaking through and getting a start at a top flight club. His game kicks off in about 30 min, gonna tune in and see how he looks

Maybe if France move to the moon and play in that tournament. Or we could just invade them and keep their player. Either works.

Maybe if France move to the moon and play in that tournament. Or we could just invade them and keep their player. Either works.

Eh, the French will return to form soon and let their egos ruin a tournament or two.

It will be another generation or two before the US is a serious contender for the WC but I fully expect a run in 2026. Semifinals or bust. South Korea did it in 2002. And we would have joined them if VAR was around, fucking Torsten Frings.

Two USMNT camps in Orlando this month

The camp, set to begin on Jan. 9, will be comprised of two rosters, with 12 players gathering under U.S. manager Gregg Berhalter and another 26 Olympic-eligible players looking to impress U.S. Under-23 manager Jason Kreis. The senior team group, all of whom are aged 24 and older, will train alongside the U23s through Jan. 24, at which point several U23 players will be elevated to the full national team roster in advance of a planned match at the end of the month. One report has the U.S. facing Serbia in Orlando on Jan. 31.

USMNT DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (2): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 9/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (3): Tristan Blackmon (LAFC; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 18/3), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 13/2)

MIDFIELDERS (3): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 24/2), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 17/4), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 19/0)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 115/42), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 34/6), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 39/10), Chris Mueller (Orlando City SC; 1/2)

Under-23 USMNT DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club):

GOALKEEPERS (3): JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake), Brady Scott (Austin FC)

DEFENDERS (10): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy), George Bello (Atlanta United FC), Chris Gloster (PSV Eindhoven/NED), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC), Henry Kessler (New England Revolution), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire), Bryan Reynolds (FC Dallas), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United FC), Bryang Kayo (Wolfsburg/GER), Andres Perea (Orlando City SC), Tanner Tessmann (FC Dallas), Eryk Williamson (Portland Timbers), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes)

FORWARDS (7): Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC), Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers), Jesus Ferreira (FC Dallas), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids), Benji Michel (Orlando City SC), Djordje Mihailovic (Montreal Impact/CAN)

I assume the only reason that McKenzie is not on that roster is that his Euro move is imminent?

I assume the only reason that McKenzie is not on that roster is that his Euro move is imminent?

Yeah I imagine he's McKenzie is off to Genk this week. Nice to see Matt Turner and Henry Kessler from the Revs. They both had great years. Turner is ready to start in a CONCACAF type event, though he needs to be stronger in the air. Kessler has loads of potential. Really good on the ball, just needs more experience to avoid overcommitting. Disappointing Anthony Fontana didn't get a call up. He was one of the more promising players i saw this year, though he got limited minutes for Philly.

Busio, Bassett, Fontana, and Caden Clark biggest "snubs" but whatever. I like this mixed camp and honestly hope we just go balls to the wall in the Olympics and let the fringe guys play the Gold Cup. Work out some sort of deal with clubs where we won't call up for friendlies or whatever.

We could start this lineup in the Olympics using two of our three overage exceptions:

Pulisic-Sargent-Reyna
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Robinson-Brooks-Richards-Dest
Steffen

You can also bring another veteran CB with the third exemption and fill the bench with talented U24 players. That team could win the Olympics against other U23 sides. Winning the Olympics would be massive for us - from a team building and domestic marketing perspective.

Busio, Bassett, Fontana, and Caden Clark biggest "snubs" but whatever. I like this mixed camp and honestly hope we just go balls to the wall in the Olympics and let the fringe guys play the Gold Cup. Work out some sort of deal with clubs where we won't call up for friendlies or whatever.

We could start this lineup in the Olympics using two of our three overage exceptions:

Pulisic-Sargent-Reyna
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Robinson-Brooks-Richards-Dest
Steffen

You can also bring another veteran CB with the third exemption and fill the bench with talented U24 players. That team could win the Olympics against other U23 sides. Winning the Olympics would be massive for us - from a team building and domestic marketing perspective.

Only argument against this is seeding for the WC in Qatar. It used to be if you weren't in the top 8, then it didn't matter and you were pooled with your confederation for the draw. But now, all pods are seeded and there's a significant advantage for us being in pod 2 vs. pod 3 for the draw. We will need a strong showing in both WCQ and the 2021 Gold Cup to safely land in pod 2.

Daryl Dike back in camp, I think he's 100% in for the US moving forward. Ayo Akinola back in camp with Canada for the 2nd time in a row. I think it's safe to say he'll choose Canada moving forward (probably smart)

19 year old Matthew Hoppe with a hat trick for Schalke today against Hoffenheim in his third career start. All three were nice goals, and solid finishes. Particularly the first which he chipped over the keeper.

Young Yanks are fucking busting out of the seems across Europe. A saw some stat that we have more combined U20 goals + assists in the Top 5 leagues than all nations except England, France and Spain. More than Italy and Germany. (Maybe It was Germany, not England, I can’t find the tweet. Regardless we’re fourth)

Get hyped boys and girls.

Back