• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Sweet!

ESPN FC

@ESPNFC

·
3m
Juventus have confirmed the permanent signing of Weston McKennie from Schalke after exercising their option to buy the midfielder for €18.5 million

Reports overnight claiming that England are confident they'll land Yunus Musah

Reports overnight claiming that England are confident they'll land Yunus Musah

Eh, I don't believe it. Dude is still all over USMNT social media and he's not getting a call up to this summer's Euro coming off the bench at Valencia. Way too much talent ahead of him

I guess we'll find out with the March friendlies roster drop. If he's not on it, then we panic.

Eh, I don't believe it. Dude is still all over USMNT social media and he's not getting a call up to this summer's Euro coming off the bench at Valencia. Way too much talent ahead of him

I guess we'll find out with the March friendlies roster drop. If he's not on it, then we panic.

Yep, agreed. I don't think he has a shot at Euros or WC 2022 with England. In fairness to social media activity, he interacts often with the England Instagram posts. So I'm not putting any weight into that.

Dike just scored a header for Barnsley. Completely out-muscled his marker.

lol just look how #3 bounced off the big man

Dike coming on for the USMNT during the last 20 mins when chasing a goal would be a great role for his current skill set. He is a monster on set pieces.

I also don't think he's heading back to Orlando. The won't get $20M, or whatever the reported purchase option was, for him but Barnsley (if promoted) or somebody in England will offer them 8-10M and they'll have to take it.

Dike coming on for the USMNT during the last 20 mins when chasing a goal would be a great role for his current skill set. He is a monster on set pieces.

I also don't think he's heading back to Orlando. The won't get $20M, or whatever the reported purchase option was, for him but Barnsley (if promoted) or somebody in England will offer them 8-10M and they'll have to take it.

Honestly, I think you're underestimating his current skill set. His hold up play and distribution with Orlando while also scoring bangers was pretty exceptional. He's also constantly fouled around the box when a defender is stranded with him, so you have the ability to find set pieces out of nothing when he's on the field as well. I think he's beginning to play himself into the conversation much more quickly than any of us expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eWdZ5mhaA

Honestly, I think you're underestimating his current skill set. His hold up play and distribution with Orlando while also scoring bangers was pretty exceptional. He's also constantly fouled around the box when a defender is stranded with him, so you have the ability to find set pieces out of nothing when he's on the field as well. I think he's beginning to play himself into the conversation much more quickly than any of us expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eWdZ5mhaA

I don't watch a lot of the Championship but the Scuffed and TSS podcast guys have been pretty consistent in talking about how frequently he gives the ball away for Barnsley. Of course he's only been there for a month, so he could be a much more well rounded player by June.

Adams (RBL) vs. Brooks (WOL) in the QFs of the German Cup right now on ESPN+

0-0 in the 45th minute but the game is wide open. Wolfsburg missed a PK earlier.

Adams (7.2) and Brooks (7.1) two of the highest rated players on FotMob so far.

Glad to see Adams playing at the #6 again, he was immense there against Gladbach over the weekend.

Adams (RBL) vs. Brooks (WOL) in the QFs of the German Cup right now on ESPN+

0-0 in the 45th minute but the game is wide open. Wolfsburg missed a PK earlier.

Adams (7.2) and Brooks (7.1) two of the highest rated players on FotMob so far.

Glad to see Adams playing at the #6 again, he was immense there against Gladbach over the weekend.

Adams looks really good

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread (yunUS mUSAh please)

Adams looks really good

He really has. His passing had been very sharp, even when was moved to RWB.

Brooks 100% fouled (two arm grab from behind) on the build up to RBL’s second goal, VAR doesn’t overturn. I guess they make mistakes in Germany too.

Last edited:
Taylor Booth scores on a rocket for St Polten, and Brenden Aaronson follows it up with a beauty for RB Salzburg in a matchup of young Americans.

USMNTers dominating the Austrian Bundesliga. :)

Scratch that: USMNTers DOMINATING THE ENTIRE GERMAN SPEAKING WORLD

Josh Sargent puts Bremen ahead 1-0 vs Koln

Back