• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

That would be pretty amazing and I'd agree a shorter timeline favors the US, especially with England fumbling over themselves saying he can have a shot at U-21s but not with full men's team yet.

Where'd you find that sd3? Pretty good #Scoop.

This wasn’t the original article I read but they cover it too. On Musah speaking with Trippier about England and Southgate after last weekends match:

“ Yunus Musah who turned 18 this Monday, has agreed to make a decision by the next international break in March. Valencia’s winger has represented England through the all lower categories up to u18 as the country he grew up in, but he can also play for the United States as he’s been born in New York. He has represented the USA international team in two friendlies during the last break, against Wales and Panama, but he can still decide to play for England as they were friendly matches.”

http://dlvr.it/RmmDHy

McKenzie gets the start tonight

when was the last time a Deac suited up for the USMNT? Ike?

edit: missed that McKenzie came on as a sub in a friendly against Costa Rica in February, so I guess the answer is McKenzie.

to be honest, I don't remember him much at Wake -- he only started in five games in his one season

was he pretty well regarded back then or did he make some pretty big leaps?

Last edited:
This B/C team is running and gunning against a half decent CONCACAF side in El Salvador. Up 4-0 in 25 mins. This depth is very promising. Chris Mueller is having a great debut.

husky's guy Chris Mueller having a game

MLS leadership has got to be loving this

He was pretty well regarded coming out of Union. If I recall we had McKenzie and Matthew Real in the fold. Both were offered USL contracts, McKenzie turned his down.

He played behind Politz which was tough as he rarely came out. However, once he got hurt, McKenzie thrown into the fire and honestly did pretty well for a freshman. He had a really solid ACC tourney, if I recall. He also played for Gdula a couple of times?

Real I think is still bouncing around with the Steel. I’m not saying one made a better decision, but I think a year at an elite college program can be more beneficial than a year in the USL, which seems to be a hot topic of debate.

5-0 in 27 mins. Akinola gets his first.

Mueller with 2 goals and 2 assists already.

He was pretty well regarded coming out of Union. If I recall we had McKenzie and Matthew Real in the fold. Both were offered USL contracts, McKenzie turned his down.

He played behind Politz which was tough as he rarely came out. However, once he got hurt, McKenzie thrown into the fire and honestly did pretty well for a freshman. He had a really solid ACC tourney, if I recall. He also played for Gdula a couple of times?

Real I think is still bouncing around with the Steel. I’m not saying one made a better decision, but I think a year at an elite college program can be more beneficial than a year in the USL, which seems to be a hot topic of debate.

Also to note (can’t edit for some reason), Real’s spot I believe then went to Joey D. So that worked out well.

Damn McKenzie has his first US goal called back for what looked to be an incorrect offside call off of a set piece.

Assuming the Olympics take place and we qualify, I really hope we make that the priority next summer. We could have a pretty baller side with just U23s. Only issue is that it is not FIFA protected so its doubtful that the big Euro guys would get released by their clubs.

Poor second half. Little disappointing not seeing subs showing more effort. I know they're up 6, but they've been mostly sloppy and uninterested.

In his first start in...forever, Weah bags a goal against his former team.

Have read this story several times, but first time I've heard it told from Gio's perspective. Pretty amazing read:

For Jack on The Players Tribune

Back