• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

After watching the Women's Euro semis and final I'm actually not as concerned about our overall ability to match up against the best Euro women's sides. Frankly, my biggest concern is with France. They've upgraded their goalkeeper dramatically and they still have a serious speed advantage over most team including us. England and Germany both looked beatable to me which I was not expecting. Our back line is definitely a problem for the WC depending on who comes back from injuries and motherhood. But if Sam Mewis comes back and Horan improves from injury, our attacking capabilities are still better than everyone but France. I also think Spain, if they get back their two big stars will be a problem. England and Germany are good, but primarily through physical play, not star quality.

phew

now i fell better

Bump from February

I've long thought that it would be Pulisic on the left and Reyna on the right with whichever striker is in form up front. I know some want to see Reyna as the 9 but until we see Berhalter try that, it seems unlikely. Which means that it will be one of Reyna and Aaronson on the right.

I've long thought that it would be Pulisic on the left and Reyna on the right with whichever striker is in form up front. I know some want to see Reyna as the 9 but until we see Berhalter try that, it seems unlikely. Which means that it will be one of Reyna and Aaronson on the right.

I love Gio Reyna, one of my top 3 American players right now. I don't want to see Gio Reyna in any lineup predictions until he can play 90 minutes with Dortmund without tearing a muscle. I have no confidence that Gio will be available for selection for the 2022 World Cup. It will be an added bonus is he is.

I love Gio Reyna, one of my top 3 American players right now. I don't want to see Gio Reyna in any lineup predictions until he can play 90 minutes with Dortmund without tearing a muscle. I have no confidence that Gio will be available for selection for the 2022 World Cup. It will be an added bonus is he is.

Good point. I would be ecstatic to have Reyna available to come on at the 70 minute mark.

Good point. I would be ecstatic to have Reyna available to come on at the 70 minute mark.

As long as he's coming in for Ferreira and not Aaronson or Weah. I'm 1 of those people who want an alternative to Ferreira as striker.

Brandon Vasquez should get a look in September. He's one of only a couple forwards absolutely tearing it up. He plays in a 2 man forward system but I dont see why he wouldn't get a look.

hard to imagine Aaronson not starting in Berhalter's high-press system with numbers like this

aaronson_fbref_metrics.png

that's a bit misleading since Aaronson wasn't in a top 5 league last year

not that I anticipate his pressing numbers would drop considering he is a robot with an endless engine

that's a bit misleading since Aaronson wasn't in a top 5 league last year

not that I anticipate his pressing numbers would drop considering he is a robot with an endless engine

I saw on twitter that it was CL numbers that were used

English press gonna be feeling like dickheads after we beat them in our match and win the group

Tillman scored again today for Rangers. Vasquez scored his 15th of the season for Cincinnati.

So will the US team set up a practice facilitysomewhere near Death Valley to mimic the weather expected for the World Cup?

Busio, Tessmann, and Andrija Novakovich all starting for Venezia's Serie B opener against Genoa.

Back