• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I just want our best shot stopper in goal. I can't imagine the increase in xG from a couple crossfield passes per game by the keeper is more than the xGA when it goes wrong (usually at least once a game). We're just not a team built for that.

Turner is back in training and expected back with the Revs in a couple weeks - I still think he's the most in form option, though I don't understand making a transfer to Arsenal before the World Cup. Our top three (Turner, Steffen, Horvath) will all be backups. None of the MLS guys are in great form either.

Meanwhile, Poland is heavily courting Gaga Slonina.

I mean, he's closer to starting for the USMNT than not having watched many of our first team options recently. Right? I still think we see him in the red, white, and blue.

I watch Gaga every week and he is in no way ready to play any meaningful minutes for any national team

maybe by 2026 though

I watch Gaga every week and he is in no way ready to play any meaningful minutes for any national team

maybe by 2026 though

I tend to agree with you. I'm caught between the idea that he's a prodigy that has a chance to be a top level European keeper, and the worry that his ceiling is he's a good but not great keeper who has been overhyped because he broke through to the senior level at such a young age.

Last edited:
he is really bad with the ball at his feet right now

last year I saw flashes of an elite shot stopper, especially given his age -- I have not seen much pointing to that this year but no big mistakes either

damn really sucks for Miles

that said, if there's a position that can absorb it best it's CB

Evidently the Germans are furious and are calling him a traitor. Must mean he's highly rated unlike the other dual nats that have chosen us.

Good move - big step up in competition but I think he can compete for a starting spot, especially if Raphinha leaves.

The second Barca have the money lined up for Raph he's gone. Leeds supporters are fully expecting Aaronson to start.

Marsch's style is to play narrow and attack through the center of the pitch, so Aaronson is positioned for a featured role on an EPL side, so very exciting stuff in terms of the USMNT.

Back