• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball schedule updates?

york1313

Reaction score
Are there any updates as to when the schedule will be created or released? I did a quick scan of other thread titles and didn't see anything.

Are there any updates as to when the schedule will be created or released? I did a quick scan of other thread titles and didn't see anything.

According to Jon Rothstein, ACC is hoping to release their conference schedule next week.

I would assume the full schedule will get released not too long after. FWIW, Troy released their schedule today and we are set to play them December 2nd so I can’t see too much longer till it’s all announced.

ACC schedule supposed to come out tomorrow. Full Wake schedule likely to follow right behind that.

I think Wake knows its full schedule today... Announcement tomorrow.

These are the only details about the ACC schedule that has been leaked:

- 20 conference games
- Each school will play 2 to 3 ACC games in December.

FWIW, at least 11 conferences have adopted a two game "baseball series" model to reduce travel. So, rather than playing each conference opponent once at home and once away, conference games will be played on a back to back days at the same venue. For example, in the CAA, James Madison will play a two game series at UNCW on January 9-10. UNCW will not travel to JMU this year.

Don't think the ACC will take that step.

All I know is that Mike Brey said he has the ND conference schedule and their first game is a doozy... All I can think of is that they'll be playing @ Duke or something similar.

If he has the ND schedule, then Forbes should have the Wake schedule. It's just a matter of finalizing the dates for the non-conference games that have already been agreed upon. Then we should have a full schedule.

What are the odds the Wake BB conference schedule is the most difficult ?

Last edited:
What are the odds the Wake BB conference schedule is the most difficult ?

In hoops it makes more sense to give the good teams tougher schedules to juice TV ratings and tourney seeding. Then give the bad teams easy schedules and hope one gets to 18+ wins and maybe the bubble.

I'm excited for hoops for the first time in a while. I think back to sitting on the aisle steps at the top of section 224 just to be in the Joel when we were kicking ass on a daily basis. Hope we get back to that to some degree soon.

Emd3BnlVkAA8sky

Oof...another graphic that wasn't proofed. The 2nd UVA should be greyed out to match the rest of the away games.

ACC challenged the Deacs out of the gate as 3 of the first 5 are against the two ACC teams ranked in the AP top 10 (#4 UVA and #9 Duke). Schedule eases a bit down the stretch.

The opponents that WF plays twice are:

- UVA
- Duke
- VT
- GT
- Pitt

ACC challenged the Deacs out of the gate as 3 of the first 5 are against the two ACC teams ranked in the AP top 10 (#4 UVA and #9 Duke). Schedule eases a bit down the stretch.

The opponents that WF plays twice are:

- UVA
- Duke
- VT
- GT
- Pitt

and NC State

My initial take is that I am glad that the ACC schedule is difficult in the beginning. This year is all about building a foundation and (hopefully) improving as the season goes on.

Easy initial non-conference to get everyone's feet wet and to give the new roster a chance to play together.
Difficult start to the ACC season to illustrate the high level of play which we aspire to.
More favorable matchups down the stretch to generate some momentum into next season.

what is the rationale for the one-day flexibility on most of the gamedays - Covid-19 or TV?

what is the rationale for the one-day flexibility on most of the gamedays - Covid-19 or TV?

Would guess both COVID 19 and TV. ESPN is paying money big money to the ACC for programming. So, if they have the L'ville/UNC game set for a 9 pm time slot on a Wednesday night, and COVID postpones the game, ESPN wants the option to slide in another live broadcast into that time slot, instead of showing the 2018 Johnsonville Brats Corn-hole Championships. If the NC State/WF game was set to be televised on the ACCN during the same two day window of the game that was postponed, the ACC can just slide the State/WF game to fill the ESPN programming slot.

Wow Duke announces no fans for home basketball this year. Totally think it’s a decision that makes a lot of sense but surprised they made the call so early. Of course they could always change course mid-season but I doubt it looks any better in the next few months of course.

Wow Duke announces no fans for home basketball this year. Totally think it’s a decision that makes a lot of sense but surprised they made the call so early. Of course they could always change course mid-season but I doubt it looks any better in the next few months of course.

Seeing Cameron empty will certainly be strange.

Wonder if the debacle after the ND/Clemson game played a role in that decision.

Back