• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lame Donald Duck

I really give two shits who Dump fires and who he doesn't. Anyone who went to work for his Administration can't be surprised at anything he does.

As far as pardons. Since I don't believe he'll be charged, let alone convicted of anything over the next two months, they'll be no pardons necessary.

That's not how it works. He would pardon himself prospectively from any future charges.

Here is an article on a President's pardon power: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-pardon-explainer/explainer-can-trump-pardon-his-associates-or-himself-idUSKBN27O0FT

Obviously, there are nuances, but does appear that a pardon can cover both individuals that have been prosecuted and those that are subject to an investigation, but have yet to be indicted or convicted. Presidential pardons only cover federal crimes. So, Trump cannot issue a pardon regarding the on-going criminal investigation conducted by the Manhattan DA.

The issue as to whether Trump can pardon himself has never been adjudicated. Guess we may find out answer to that questions.

I really give two shits who Dump fires and who he doesn't. Anyone who went to work for his Administration can't be surprised at anything he does.

As far as pardons. Since I don't believe he'll be charged, let alone convicted of anything over the next two months, they'll be no pardons necessary.

#1 he's often firing career officials. Experts in their fields in positions of national security.

#2 firing hand picked people because they stand up to him is some nefarious bs and everyone should be concerned. Firing sessions got us bill barr. How's that working out for the country?

#3 firing some political appointees isn't something I'm worried about in terms of their future job prospects.

#4 you should care what he destroys on his way out the door. What secrets he gives to his buddies in the dictator club. The national secrets in his head that will slip, or vomited, out of his dumb mouth. You should care because it affects your grand kids.

As in Kash Patel, the guy involved in the debacle where Nunes pretended to discover some scandal about unmasking, only to have it come out that it was just random stuff given to him by the White House? Forcing Nunes to recuse himself from the investigation?

And Kash Patel, the guy who pretended to be a Ukraine expert to influence Trump on Ukraine policy?

Here is what the game is: fire any Senate confirmed appointee who isn't 100% Trump loyalist so that Biden is stuck with Trump loyalist actings in many critical agencies. And the Republican led Senate will slow roll confirming Biden's choices. That is why Trump is clearing out deputy undersecretaries etc.

Only individuals who have been Senate confirmed for some position can serve as acting departmental secretary. The position does not have to be in the agency where the individual becomes acting secretary.

I know some people see sinister motives in all this, but is he just doing a childish temper tantrum and firing everybody who's been even remotely critical of him over the past four years? Trying to make Biden's job of adequately staffing these departments and agencies with competent people even harder? Given that he's basically an authority-hating anarchist it makes sense that he'll lash out and try to wreck everything that's left before he finally leaves office.

Back