• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Biden bringing gas and chemical insiders to guide his environmental team

p sweet

I'm sure the conservative media ecosystem will come up with plenty of reasons to hate him in the morning.

It’s already started. Iran deal and Syria.

Ah yes. The Iran deal that kept Iran from progressing toward building nuclear weapons that failed because after Trump break the deal, Iran is close to building nuclear weapons.

Linda Thomas-Greenfield for US Ambassador.

Thomas-Greenfield served as the top U.S. diplomat to Africa under President Obama, an assistant secretary job that capped her 35-year career in the Foreign Service. Known as “LTG” among State Department rank-and-file, Thomas-Greenfield retired in 2017 after Trump took power and joined the Albright Stonebridge advisory firm as a senior counselor where she worked with her mentor former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...iden-nominate-antony-blinken-secretary-state/

Last edited:
being at the forefront of policy for 30 years sounds grrrreat. Love me some status quo nom nom nom

Competence is the bare minimum. I don't know enough about her to actually disparage her for the role. Just not excited about the idea of "because its always been this way." Again, don't know enough about her. A concern more than anything.

Competence is the bare minimum. I don't know enough about her to actually disparage her for the role. Just not excited about the idea of "because its always been this way." Again, don't know enough about her. A concern more than anything.

What is wrong with experienced Obama folks? I'll take that when it comes to national security, foreign policy and treasury when we're in a pandemic and recession.

What is wrong with experienced Obama folks? I'll take that when it comes to national security, foreign policy and treasury when we're in a pandemic and recession.

Exactly, and it's not likely you could get very progressive picks through the senate since the democrats likely will still be in the minority there. I think the key to the first two years is return to normalcy and hopefully get through the pandemic and a likely economic recession without too much pain. Then hope you can flip a few seats in 2022 and have a better chance at implemented more progressive goals.

Nothing wrong per se. Just saying out loud I would prefer younger than 74 for many posts and new blood.

Nothing wrong per se. Just saying out loud I would prefer younger than 74 for many posts and new blood.

Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.

Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.

That’s what I’m looking for. That and a no question progressive Secretary of Labor.

Back