Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Biden bringing gas and chemical insiders to guide his environmental team

p sweet

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Biden bringing gas and chemical insiders to guide his environmental team

p sweet
    Jokes on you. He's just going to do the OPPOSITE of what they recommend! #4DChess

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Antony Blinken for Secretary of State.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...etary-of-state

I'm sure the conservative media ecosystem will come up with plenty of reasons to hate him in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I'm sure the conservative media ecosystem will come up with plenty of reasons to hate him in the morning.
    Itís already started. Iran deal and Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Itís already started. Iran deal and Syria.
    Ah yes. The Iran deal that kept Iran from progressing toward building nuclear weapons that failed because after Trump break the deal, Iran is close to building nuclear weapons.

Linda Thomas-Greenfield for US Ambassador.

Thomas-Greenfield served as the top U.S. diplomat to Africa under President Obama, an assistant secretary job that capped her 35-year career in the Foreign Service. Known as ďLTGĒ among State Department rank-and-file, Thomas-Greenfield retired in 2017 after Trump took power and joined the Albright Stonebridge advisory firm as a senior counselor where she worked with her mentor former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cretary-state/

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Antony Blinken for Secretary of State.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...etary-of-state
    58 years old. Glad he didnít pick a geezer at the tail end of his career.

Last edited by WakeForestRanger; 11-23-2020 at 04:09 PM.

being at the forefront of policy for 30 years sounds grrrreat. Love me some status quo nom nom nom

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    being at the forefront of policy for 30 years sounds grrrreat. Love me some status quo nom nom nom
    Sheís definitely qualified for the job. It will be nice to have someone competent again.

Competence is the bare minimum. I don't know enough about her to actually disparage her for the role. Just not excited about the idea of "because its always been this way." Again, don't know enough about her. A concern more than anything.

Competence is the bare minimum. I don't know enough about her to actually disparage her for the role. Just not excited about the idea of "because its always been this way." Again, don't know enough about her. A concern more than anything.
    What is wrong with experienced Obama folks? I'll take that when it comes to national security, foreign policy and treasury when we're in a pandemic and recession.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    What is wrong with experienced Obama folks? I'll take that when it comes to national security, foreign policy and treasury when we're in a pandemic and recession.
    Exactly, and it's not likely you could get very progressive picks through the senate since the democrats likely will still be in the minority there. I think the key to the first two years is return to normalcy and hopefully get through the pandemic and a likely economic recession without too much pain. Then hope you can flip a few seats in 2022 and have a better chance at implemented more progressive goals.

Nothing wrong per se. Just saying out loud I would prefer younger than 74 for many posts and new blood.

Nothing wrong per se. Just saying out loud I would prefer younger than 74 for many posts and new blood.
    Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.
    Thatís what Iím looking for. That and a no question progressive Secretary of Labor.