• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.

There has got to be a happy medium between young and inexperienced and a 74 year old who help shepherd our economy and society to the great wealth gap since the 1920’s.

So do people still think Pete gets a cabinet spot? Maybe VA or HUD, since UN secretary is out. I'm sorta curious where he may get a position. I think he would be a good DNC chair as well and I know he ran for that position in the past.

I’d rather see him as DNC Chair than in the cabinet.

Clearly Biden is going for an experienced cabinet. I’d like to see some younger members of the cabinet but they’d likely have more experience at that spot than Pete.

Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.

Thats fair.

I’d rather see him as DNC Chair than in the cabinet.

Clearly Biden is going for an experienced cabinet. I’d like to see some younger members of the cabinet but they’d likely have more experience at that spot than Pete.

DNC Chair is a career killer.

DNC Chair is a career killer.

Which is why it would be a bad job for Stacey Abrams when it looks like she has even odds of winning in GA.

I think whoever is DNC Chair needs to figure out how to reimagine the role in a way that will empower local organizers instead of the same ineffective combative top down approach.

Li'l Marco's not impressed by those fancy pants Ivy leaguers.

Rubio hates elites and China, per his tweet from his iPad.

He has earned that ratio.

Yeah, I saw the Rubio story. And you may have 40+ Pubs voting against every cabinet selection. But as long as Biden isn't nominating folks like Warren for Treasury or Sanders for Labor, I think Murkowski, Romney and Collins and maybe a few others will put us over the top. Sad that it could be this difficult just to get qualified establishment types into cabinet positions. Can't wait to see what it's like for judicial nominations.

Yeah, I saw the Rubio story. And you may have 40+ Pubs voting against every cabinet selection. But as long as Biden isn't nominating folks like Warren for Treasury or Sanders for Labor, I think Murkowski, Romney and Collins and maybe a few others will put us over the top. Sad that it could be this difficult just to get qualified establishment types into cabinet positions. Can't wait to see what it's like for judicial nominations.

There will be less than two years before the next election, so judges can't be confirmed.

Remind me why I'm supposed to hate Neera Tanden again?

Fakest of fake news. You can't gaslight me, I saw this guy as CIA director.

5bb56a48240000500097e0a9.jpeg

Spoiler -but not for much longer after this photo was taken.

Back