Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 397

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.
    There has got to be a happy medium between young and inexperienced and a 74 year old who help shepherd our economy and society to the great wealth gap since the 1920s.
    Birds are real.

  2. #202
    So do people still think Pete gets a cabinet spot? Maybe VA or HUD, since UN secretary is out. I'm sorta curious where he may get a position. I think he would be a good DNC chair as well and I know he ran for that position in the past.

  3. #203
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Id rather see him as DNC Chair than in the cabinet.

    Clearly Biden is going for an experienced cabinet. Id like to see some younger members of the cabinet but theyd likely have more experience at that spot than Pete.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Younger new blood goes into deputy/assistant/under secretary positions. In January, Biden needs experienced people who can lead the clean up the mess without much of a learning curve.
    Thats fair.

  5. #205

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Id rather see him as DNC Chair than in the cabinet.

    Clearly Biden is going for an experienced cabinet. Id like to see some younger members of the cabinet but theyd likely have more experience at that spot than Pete.
    DNC Chair is a career killer.

  7. #207

  8. #208
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    DNC Chair is a career killer.
    Which is why it would be a bad job for Stacey Abrams when it looks like she has even odds of winning in GA.

    I think whoever is DNC Chair needs to figure out how to reimagine the role in a way that will empower local organizers instead of the same ineffective combative top down approach.

  9. #209
    Li'l Marco's not impressed by those fancy pants Ivy leaguers.


  10. #210
    Rubio hates elites and China, per his tweet from his iPad.

    He has earned that ratio.

  11. #211
    Yeah, I saw the Rubio story. And you may have 40+ Pubs voting against every cabinet selection. But as long as Biden isn't nominating folks like Warren for Treasury or Sanders for Labor, I think Murkowski, Romney and Collins and maybe a few others will put us over the top. Sad that it could be this difficult just to get qualified establishment types into cabinet positions. Can't wait to see what it's like for judicial nominations.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Yeah, I saw the Rubio story. And you may have 40+ Pubs voting against every cabinet selection. But as long as Biden isn't nominating folks like Warren for Treasury or Sanders for Labor, I think Murkowski, Romney and Collins and maybe a few others will put us over the top. Sad that it could be this difficult just to get qualified establishment types into cabinet positions. Can't wait to see what it's like for judicial nominations.
    There will be less than two years before the next election, so judges can't be confirmed.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    Rubio hates elites and China, per his tweet from his iPad.

    He has earned that ratio.
    Dont dope Republicans always make fun of AOC for being a bartender?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Dont dope Republicans always make fun of AOC for being a bartender?
    Lesson: Republicans will, for irrational reasons, always disparage Democrats.

  15. #215

  16. #216
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Remind me why I'm supposed to hate Neera Tanden again?

  17. #217

  18. #218

  19. #219

  20. #220
    Fakest of fake news. You can't gaslight me, I saw this guy as CIA director.



    Spoiler -but not for much longer after this photo was taken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •