• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Do you hate her? I see her brought up from time to time as some kind of centrist boogiewoman. But it's always framed as "Neera Tanden bullshit" or the "Neera Tanden wing" as if she's a famous political figure even though I've only heard of her from these boards.

Neera will be great!

When ThinkProgress unionized, she quickly shut the entire site down. When an employee anonymously complained about sexual harassment, she outed them at a company meeting. And she suggested Libya pay the United States in oil in return for what the US spent bombing Libya. She has tweeted 30,000 more times than Donald Trump. She is a tremendous steward of American excellence and a career pro who will not be silenced by the ideological purists on the left!

Remember it’s important to ascribe more power and influence to podcast hosts and anonymous Twitter posters than to presidents of think tanks.

Usually picks that aren’t front and center but with a raging pandemic looks like the HHS as well as director of the CDC picks have been leaked. Would have liked someone at HHS with more actual public health and scientific knowledge given the circumstances but a good pick for all the other aspects HHS deals with.

Is this important? This seems important
8b2e6fff5c131db63c52950b87c471f5.jpg

I really don't know much about Neera Tanden but I think it is fucking hilarious that a bunch of old white snowflakes in the senate are butt hurt about her mean tweets when they've spend the last 4 years pretending that they don't read tweets.

There are no virgins in defense. I’d prefer a civilian though. Who were the progressive choices for Sec Defense?

Biden cabinet speculation thread

There are no virgins in defense.

What?? Do you realize how frustrating it is for me to post a specific example of establishment Democrats blatantly encouraging the military industrial complex, and your response is “pobodies nerfect?” Jesus Christ. For the million fucking times you claim that we are on the same side and want the same things, why is it so goddamn difficult for you to just acknowledge a point I’m making? Fuck.

ok. Somebody talk MDMH off the ledge again and get him a cheeseburger. He's having one of his fits.

What?? Do you realize how frustrating it is for me to post a specific example of establishment Democrats blatantly encouraging the military industrial complex, and your response is “pobodies nerfect?” Jesus Christ. For the million fucking times you claim that we are on the same side and want the same things, why is it so goddamn difficult for you to just acknowledge a point I’m making? Fuck.

I’m making the point for you, man. The list of people with the requisite experience who aren’t tangled up in the military industrial complex is probably pretty fucking short.

Is your problem the whole fucked up system or is your problem this one person? Geez. Good luck finding people you like to do a job you don’t want done.

Who was your pick for Defense? Do you like any of the picks so far? Biden picked a M4A supporter for HHS.

Last edited:

The list of people with the requisite experience who aren’t tangled up in the military industrial complex is probably pretty fucking short.

Maybe so, Biden still should absolutely have picked a civilian from that list, and there’s no excusing or forgiving him picking a Secretary of Defense on the board of fucking Raytheon. I’ll be pissed if this pick gets approved.

Last edited:
Back