Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 396

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    So I guess this story has real legs. Goddamn the bar for Biden is so so low and he canít even do the minimum

    Draxx them sklounst

  2. #242

  3. #243
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,857
    But Pete wouldn't need to learn another language for Australia.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    But Pete wouldn't need to learn another language for Australia.
    Picking up an 8th new language shouldnít be a biggie.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Is this important? This seems important
    SWAMPY!!11!!

  6. #246

  7. #247

  8. #248

  9. #249
    but it's not disputed. all 50 states have certified results.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    So I guess this story has real legs. Goddamn the bar for Biden is so so low and he canít even do the minimum

    Hey Pops! Here are Democrats making a bad choice!

  11. #251
    Iím very excited to post for the next 3 years about Biden having zero accountability to anyone, and for liberal posters to have no response besides comparing him to Trump. Canít complain too much I guess, flat screen TVs are cheap as hell.
    Draxx them sklounst

  12. #252
    The latest attempt to protest Trumpís arms sales comes as Democrats begin to examine how a Biden administration will approach arms sales to the Middle East. Such concerns were punctuated by the president-electís decision this week to nominate Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III as his defense secretary. Austin sits on the board of Raytheon, a defense contracting giant that stands to profit from the latest UAE arms deals and produced the precision-guided munitions that were used to target civilians in Yemen.

    Austin is expected to face questioning about his Raytheon ties when he testifies before the Senate and House, both of which must approve a waiver to clear the way for his confirmation. Last month, Reps. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) and Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) sent a letter to Biden, asking him not to appoint a defense secretary with ties to defense contractors.
    Link

  13. #253
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Iím very excited to post for the next 3 years about Biden having zero accountability to anyone, and for liberal posters to have no response besides comparing him to Trump. Canít complain too much I guess, flat screen TVs are cheap as hell.
    Yes, it going to be really fun watching you ignore any and all positives and the practical realities of governance -- looking forward to it!

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Yes, it going to be really fun watching you ignore any and all positives and the practical realities of governance -- looking forward to it!
    It starts already. The ďpractical realitiesĒ of Democratic Presidents apparently having no deciding agency for which to be criticized for.
    Draxx them sklounst

  15. #255

  16. #256
    what are his qualifications for Transportation secretary?

    does South Bend even have a bus system?

  17. #257
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,857
    Yes.
    http://sbtranspo.com/

    And an airport, commuter rail, and recognized as a bike friendly community.
    https://southbendin.gov/city-guides/transportation/

    A mayor makes sense for transportation since that's a major part of the job.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 12-15-2020 at 03:48 PM.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Had to have high, high hopes for a living

  19. #259
    Infrastructure week is finally going to happen with Biden in charge.
    Birds are real.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yes.
    http://sbtranspo.com/

    And an airport, commuter rail, and recognized as a bike friendly community.
    https://southbendin.gov/city-guides/transportation/

    A mayor makes sense for transportation since that's a major part of the job.
    dude -- you really do love to speak with authority on stuff you know nothing about

    transit authorities are almost never under the purview of the mayor's office, same for airports, commuter rail systems -- I looked it up here and Transpo is governed by a board of nine of which the mayor appoints three members, so Mayor Pete had a 33% appointment oversight of a bus system that has 20 bus routes with one-hour frequency to cover four municipalities

    he may have had a hand in the bike plan though, I'll give you that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •