• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

So I guess this story has real legs. Goddamn the bar for Biden is so so low and he can’t even do the minimum

But Pete wouldn't need to learn another language for Australia.

Is this important? This seems important
8b2e6fff5c131db63c52950b87c471f5.jpg

SWAMPY!!11!!

I’m very excited to post for the next 3 years about Biden having zero accountability to anyone, and for liberal posters to have no response besides comparing him to Trump. Can’t complain too much I guess, flat screen TVs are cheap as hell.

The latest attempt to protest Trump’s arms sales comes as Democrats begin to examine how a Biden administration will approach arms sales to the Middle East. Such concerns were punctuated by the president-elect’s decision this week to nominate Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III as his defense secretary. Austin sits on the board of Raytheon, a defense contracting giant that stands to profit from the latest UAE arms deals and produced the precision-guided munitions that were used to target civilians in Yemen.

Austin is expected to face questioning about his Raytheon ties when he testifies before the Senate and House, both of which must approve a waiver to clear the way for his confirmation. Last month, Reps. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) and Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) sent a letter to Biden, asking him not to appoint a defense secretary with ties to defense contractors.

Link

I’m very excited to post for the next 3 years about Biden having zero accountability to anyone, and for liberal posters to have no response besides comparing him to Trump. Can’t complain too much I guess, flat screen TVs are cheap as hell.

Yes, it going to be really fun watching you ignore any and all positives and the practical realities of governance -- looking forward to it!

Yes, it going to be really fun watching you ignore any and all positives and the practical realities of governance -- looking forward to it!

It starts already. The “practical realities” of Democratic Presidents apparently having no deciding agency for which to be criticized for.

what are his qualifications for Transportation secretary?

does South Bend even have a bus system?

Infrastructure week is finally going to happen with Biden in charge.

Yes.
http://sbtranspo.com/

And an airport, commuter rail, and recognized as a bike friendly community.
https://southbendin.gov/city-guides/transportation/

A mayor makes sense for transportation since that's a major part of the job.

dude -- you really do love to speak with authority on stuff you know nothing about

transit authorities are almost never under the purview of the mayor's office, same for airports, commuter rail systems -- I looked it up here and Transpo is governed by a board of nine of which the mayor appoints three members, so Mayor Pete had a 33% appointment oversight of a bus system that has 20 bus routes with one-hour frequency to cover four municipalities

he may have had a hand in the bike plan though, I'll give you that

Back