• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

They should just cancel the daily brief. Cancel culture and all that.

Last edited:
Joe Manchin to oppose Neera Tanden's confirmation.

Joe Manchin to oppose Neera Tanden's confirmation.

Turns out it is really dumb to insult the people who get to decide whether you get a job. Biden should pull her nomination to save face.

Turns out it is really dumb to insult the people who get to decide whether you get a job. Biden should pull her nomination to save face.

71303642.jpg

Pains me to say it but I kinda agree. Biden team surely knew this would be an uphill battle, why waste capital on something (relatively) unimportant?. Time to move on...

Unless Joe was playing 6 dimensional chess and offered her up as sacrificial lamb for pubs so they could save face with the trumplicans while he gets the rest of his cabinet through....

I'm sure every future Republican cabinet member has nothing but good tweets about members of the other party

I can't wait to see the justification McConnell has for not confirming him.

I actually think McConnell will vote to confirm Garland. Though I doubt his KY colleague will join him. The bigger question to me is why Garland was willing to leave a cushier job on the bench for what is likely a 4 year political gig.

I actually think McConnell will vote to confirm Garland. Though I doubt his KY colleague will join him. The bigger question to me is why Garland was willing to leave a cushier job on the bench for what is likely a 4 year political gig.

Retribution?

Because he's fine retiring?

I'd be surprised if Garland got less than 80 votes.

The Tanden BS is no lose for Biden. If he finds one GOP vote and gets through, Biden got her approved. If she doesn't pass, he will have shown that he fought for a serious progressive. I wouldn't be surprised if she withdraws her name soon to protect Biden from having to do so.

If he decided his time in public service was waning and that he wanted to go into private practice and get paid big bucks from an AMLaw top 50 type firm, coming in as the outgoing AG probably gets him more money than coming in off the DC circuit.

I'd be surprised if Garland got less than 80 votes.

The Tanden BS is no lose for Biden. If he finds one GOP vote and gets through, Biden got her approved. If she doesn't pass, he will have shown that he fought for a serious progressive. I wouldn't be surprised if she withdraws her name soon to protect Biden from having to do so.

I'll be surprised if Garland gets 60 votes.

THE BET !

If Garland gets <80 votes, LK leaves the boards forever.

If Garland gets >69 votes, RJ leaves the boards forever.

Anything else is a push.

Deal ?

Back