• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

I LOVE way Tobacco Road ignores ALL personal boorish and childish actions by others but CONSTANTLY attacks RJ. SHOW me once where RJ threw FULL vase at head of 60 yo woman. SHOW me once when RJ charrenged a diner to fight in parking lot of restaurant. SHOW me once where RJ accrosted ucla student for some perceived personal slight.

Come on SHOW me.

??? Fuck Joe Manchin. And fuck Neera. Do you have a point? Remember when the only to people stanning Buttigieg on here were you and Catamount? Good times.

It was more than two. By the way, a documentary called "Mayor Pete" on his campaign is in the works.

PH, do you think Neera is a “serious” or “leading” progressive?

I don't know anything about Neera Tanden except who hates her. I think it's nuts that progressives who are mean to politicians on the internet are happy that Joe Manchin is trying to tank her for being mean to politicians on the internet.

If she's a real problem for progressives, I'm sure Bernie will join Manchin in tanking her nomination. If Neera Tanden is fine and the problem is thin-skinned people on both sides, then Bernie will probably support her.

I'll just let him make the call.

Love how you always conveniently play the “i don’t know who these people are” card.

Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.

I've never heard of Tanden before now.

But think it's rich that some folks all of a sudden think it should be disqualifying if you've been a little pointed with your social media commentary.

Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.

Basically. I only knew about her before this because people here complained about her. And I didn’t know about Lis Smith until she ran Pete’s campaign.

I do think a woman of color who speaks her mind is a “convenient” target for both sides though. I haven’t heard any criticisms of her experience and qualifications, only her tweets.

welp, this post is now the only reason i know who Neera Tanden is

One of my favorite Clickholes, which for some reason was deleted

Legal Bombshell: Mueller Flipped Trump’s Confidant’s Lawyer’s Friend’s Associate Gorpman (Who Could Testify Against Bleemer!) And It’s Not Even Lunchtime

Opinion: What terrible things did Neera Tanden tweet? The truth.

Can you believe that Neera Tanden called Hillary Clinton the “anti-Christ” and the “real enemy”?

Oh, wait. It was Ryan Zinke who said those things. Fifty-one Republican senators (and several Democrats, including Joe Manchin III of West Virginia) confirmed him as secretary of the interior in 2017.

And how about the times Tanden allegedly called the NAACP a “pinko organization” that “hates white people” and used racial epithets?

My bad. That was Jeff Sessions. Again, 51 Republican senators (and one Democrat, Manchin) voted to confirm him as attorney general in 2017.

Surely Tanden went beyond the pale when she “liked” a tweet calling then-Secretary of State John F. Kerry a “traitor” and “Vietnam’s worst export,” and when she suggested Clinton supporters leave the country.
Except Mike Pompeo was the one who did those things. He won confirmation as secretary of state in 2018 with the votes of 50 Republicans and six Democrats, including Manchin.

But, really, the most appalling thing Tanden said was that Muslims have a “deficient theology” and they “stand condemned.”

Whoops. That wasn’t Tanden but Russell Vought. Just last year, 51 Republicans voted to confirm him as director of the Office of Management and Budget — the same position Tanden is up for now.

Now, all 50 Senate Republicans, assisted by Manchin, are on the cusp of sinking Tanden’s nomination because they object to her harsh tweets. Many have noted the hypocrisy, particularly when compared with the treatment of Richard Grenell, an online troll who won confirmation as ambassador to Germany with 50 Republican votes — and Manchin, natch — despite routinely disparaging women’s appearances.

But this isn’t just about double standards. What really must sting about Tanden’s tweets is not that they were mean, but that, for the most part, they were true...

20 some republicans who voted to confirm Betsy DeVos for Education secretary have voted no on Miguel Cardona. DeVos had zero education experience while Cardona has been a classroom teacher, a principal, a district superintendent and a state superintendent. Cardona was still confirmed but the fact that people voted yes on DeVos and no on him is a fucking joke.

Maybe they hate teachers and public education and want to destroy it.

That budget lady who I don’t know and who’s name I can’t remember, has withdrawn her name from consideration from the omb job. Lesson learned, always think twice before tweeting.

Back