Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 397

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

  1. #361
    I LOVE way Tobacco Road ignores ALL personal boorish and childish actions by others but CONSTANTLY attacks RJ. SHOW me once where RJ threw FULL vase at head of 60 yo woman. SHOW me once when RJ charrenged a diner to fight in parking lot of restaurant. SHOW me once where RJ accrosted ucla student for some perceived personal slight.

    Come on SHOW me.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    wasn't rj the one that said we had to be realistic and accept manchin?
    So you would prefer it if Mitch McConnell was majority leader right now?

  3. #363
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,549
    Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    ??? Fuck Joe Manchin. And fuck Neera. Do you have a point? Remember when the only to people stanning Buttigieg on here were you and Catamount? Good times.
    It was more than two. By the way, a documentary called "Mayor Pete" on his campaign is in the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    PH, do you think Neera is a “serious” or “leading” progressive?
    I don't know anything about Neera Tanden except who hates her. I think it's nuts that progressives who are mean to politicians on the internet are happy that Joe Manchin is trying to tank her for being mean to politicians on the internet.

    If she's a real problem for progressives, I'm sure Bernie will join Manchin in tanking her nomination. If Neera Tanden is fine and the problem is thin-skinned people on both sides, then Bernie will probably support her.

    I'll just let him make the call.

  4. #364
    Love how you always conveniently play the “i don’t know who these people are” card.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    It was more than two. By the way, a documentary called "Mayor Pete" on his campaign is in the works.


    .
    Who was the third?

    Ratatouille sequel!

  6. #366
    Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

    If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Neera is a “serious progressive?”
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Glad to see MHB, catamount, and Joe Manchin working together.
    It’s fine if you don’t know who Neera is. But why the need to post snarky bullshit like this, when all I did was ask if she was a “serious progressive?”

  8. #368

  9. #369
    I've never heard of Tanden before now.

    But think it's rich that some folks all of a sudden think it should be disqualifying if you've been a little pointed with your social media commentary.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  10. #370
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,549
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

    If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.
    Basically. I only knew about her before this because people here complained about her. And I didn’t know about Lis Smith until she ran Pete’s campaign.

    I do think a woman of color who speaks her mind is a “convenient” target for both sides though. I haven’t heard any criticisms of her experience and qualifications, only her tweets.

  11. #371

  12. #372
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

    If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.
    welp, this post is now the only reason i know who Neera Tanden is

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Nobody should know who Neera Tanden is. I firmly believe that the more you know about Neera Tanden, the less happy you are in your daily life. The same goes for any political consultant (Lis Smith) or FBI/CIA bureaucrat. We aren't supposed to be exposed to the federal bureaucracy (or the deep state if you're dumb) because it completely erodes any sense of participation in the democratic process to learn who really pulls strings.

    If you can name more than three facts about Neera Tanden you're probably chronically depressed.
    One of my favorite Clickholes, which for some reason was deleted

    Legal Bombshell: Mueller Flipped Trump’s Confidant’s Lawyer’s Friend’s Associate Gorpman (Who Could Testify Against Bleemer!) And It’s Not Even Lunchtime

  14. #374
    that's pretty much the content of every WFRanger tweet posted here

  15. #375
    Opinion: What terrible things did Neera Tanden tweet? The truth.



    Can you believe that Neera Tanden called Hillary Clinton the “anti-Christ” and the “real enemy”?

    Oh, wait. It was Ryan Zinke who said those things. Fifty-one Republican senators (and several Democrats, including Joe Manchin III of West Virginia) confirmed him as secretary of the interior in 2017.

    And how about the times Tanden allegedly called the NAACP a “pinko organization” that “hates white people” and used racial epithets?

    My bad. That was Jeff Sessions. Again, 51 Republican senators (and one Democrat, Manchin) voted to confirm him as attorney general in 2017.

    Surely Tanden went beyond the pale when she “liked” a tweet calling then-Secretary of State John F. Kerry a “traitor” and “Vietnam’s worst export,” and when she suggested Clinton supporters leave the country.
    Except Mike Pompeo was the one who did those things. He won confirmation as secretary of state in 2018 with the votes of 50 Republicans and six Democrats, including Manchin.

    But, really, the most appalling thing Tanden said was that Muslims have a “deficient theology” and they “stand condemned.”

    Whoops. That wasn’t Tanden but Russell Vought. Just last year, 51 Republicans voted to confirm him as director of the Office of Management and Budget — the same position Tanden is up for now.

    Now, all 50 Senate Republicans, assisted by Manchin, are on the cusp of sinking Tanden’s nomination because they object to her harsh tweets. Many have noted the hypocrisy, particularly when compared with the treatment of Richard Grenell, an online troll who won confirmation as ambassador to Germany with 50 Republican votes — and Manchin, natch — despite routinely disparaging women’s appearances.

    But this isn’t just about double standards. What really must sting about Tanden’s tweets is not that they were mean, but that, for the most part, they were true...
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  16. #376
    20 some republicans who voted to confirm Betsy DeVos for Education secretary have voted no on Miguel Cardona. DeVos had zero education experience while Cardona has been a classroom teacher, a principal, a district superintendent and a state superintendent. Cardona was still confirmed but the fact that people voted yes on DeVos and no on him is a fucking joke.

  17. #377
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,549
    Maybe they hate teachers and public education and want to destroy it.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Maybe they hate teachers and public education and want to destroy it.
    Winner

  19. #379
    That budget lady who I don’t know and who’s name I can’t remember, has withdrawn her name from consideration from the omb job. Lesson learned, always think twice before tweeting.
    Birds are real.

  20. #380

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •