Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Does Pete want CoS? Does that help his future political ambitions better than different posts?
    I think itís the best way to leverage his management skills and raise his profile with more experience at a high level. I have no doubt he could do the job, and heís not the worst operator in a divided government. Especially given the scope of the job being mostly about managing the pandemic and coordinating with local government entities in that effort right out of the gate.

Iíll second Pete for Sec. Def.

Well this is..uhh...something

Draxx them sklounst

Biden cabinet speculation thread

Meg Whitman for commerce fuuucking blows, hope itís not legit. Thatís Betsy Devos bad.
    Draxx them sklounst

How could you go wrong with the CEO of Quibi?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    I think itís the best way to leverage his management skills and raise his profile with more experience at a high level. I have no doubt he could do the job, and heís not the worst operator in a divided government. Especially given the scope of the job being mostly about managing the pandemic and coordinating with local government entities in that effort right out of the gate.
    Yeah. If Pete has big time aspirations, sitting in a cabinet position for 4+ years isnít going to do it. Do something for a year or so and go from there. Anything in Indiana is going to be very tough. Getting a national profile will help.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    How could you go wrong with the CEO of Quibi?
    Point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Meg Whitman for commerce fuuucking blows, hope itís not legit. Thatís Betsy Devos bad.
    We donít need to bosides this shit. We can call it bad without comparing it to Devos (which is still way way worse).

Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    Iíll second Pete for Sec. Def.
    The guys was the mayor of South Bend. What would qualify him to be the Secretary of Defense?
    Granted he has a military background but donít get SOD.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    The guys was the mayor of South Bend. What would qualify him to be the Secretary of Defense?
    Itís a much easier job after Trump defeated all of our enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    My sister turned in her thesis yesterday and accepted a position at the EPA today starting in January. So Iím hoping for her sake we get someone better than Pruitt in!
    Is that even something you have to hope for? Aside from Trump himself, I can't imagine many people worse that Pruitt in that position.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Heís not qualified for that. I could definitely see VA though. Wherever he ends up, he will permanently be on Sunday talk shows.

Yeah, I'd like someone with some foreign relations experience at Defense. VA would be good for Pete, I think.

Ok, so I was kidding about Mayor Pete at DoD. I think heíd be great in a very public role and Iíd like to see him get more foreign policy experience. Maybe start him at the UN for 2 years then promote him. VA is too secluded for him...he is great in front of cameras and responding on the fly to questions.
    Birds are real.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    We donít need to bosides this shit. We can call it bad without comparing it to Devos (which is still way way worse).
    This. MDMH already starting the DeVos rehab. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Ok, so I was kidding about Mayor Pete at DoD. I think heíd be great in a very public role and Iíd like to see him get more foreign policy experience. Maybe start him at the UN for 2 years then promote him. VA is too secluded for him...he is great in front of cameras and responding on the fly to questions.
    Pete for Press Secretary!

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    No. People donít seem to grasp what a CoS is or does. Itís like a 2-3 year position at most. Burns you up and spits you out. Itís not a stepping stone to higher office, thatís for sure.
    That job killed Leo McGarry

That Politico list is turrible- i hope itís a joke. Meg Whitman shouldnít be running a local school board. I like Porter for Senate / Schiff for AG

There are 92 definitions for "SOD" that don't mean grass. Which one are you intending here?

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    That job killed Leo McGarry
    It almost killed him. It was running for VP that finally got him.