Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdinBama View Post
    I'm biased, but I would love to see my long-time friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, as Attorney General. Integrity would immediately return to the Justice Department. He and Biden are close.
    Hell of a name drop. Props to you for not doing that all the time. Heís an obvious AG leader and may be a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Hell of a name drop. Props to you for not doing that all the time. Heís an obvious AG leader and may be a done deal.
    Not a ton of opportunities to drop Doug Jonesí name on the Hot Chicks Thread.

I wouldn't be mad if Castro came back to HUD

Doug Jones would make undoubtedly make a good AG, but I hope Biden picks someone younger with a political future. The Democratic Party's bench for national offices desperately needs to be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Doug Jones would make undoubtedly make a good AG, but I hope Biden picks someone younger with a political future. The Democratic Party's bench for national offices desperately needs to be rebuilt.
    Sure but AG really isnít a stepping stone position. AG needs someone who can get going right away.

Sure but AG really isnít a stepping stone position. AG needs someone who can get going right away.
    I just learned that Iím older than RFK was when he was named AG.
    Hungry

I think that principle should be followed for all cabinet positions.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    I think that principle should be followed for all cabinet positions.
    Sure but there are young people who could get going in some positions.

I said it earlier but I'll revisit the thought. No long time operatives should be the top people in most cabinet positions. You can put that experience behind the scenes for the expertise and experience putting this shit show back together. You also build your bench for the future.

Every Cabinet position is going to be a rebuilding job. But AG is going to be tasked with dealing with Trump corruption.

Every Cabinet position is going to be a rebuilding job. But AG is going to be tasked with dealing with Trump corruption.
    Not if Biden follows through on his uniting the country position.

I don't get the UN Ambassador talk. We have so many people with extensive experience in foreign affairs. Why go with a well-spoken former mayor of South Bend? It was a joke when Trump named Haley to the position instead of someone with the necessary experience.

I'm more worried about utilzing his strengths. Chief of Staff accomplishes that. He can be a high level surrogate and part of the overall operation.
    Again, chief of staff is not a stepping stone to higher political office. It would make zero sense to stick Pete in that position.

President-Elect will have the votes to pass most if not all of his Cabinet. As he should.

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Not if Biden follows through on his uniting the country position.
    Which I hope he does first and foremost.

He's going to overturn a bunch of executive orders first, like each President of a different party, but I think he goes to the Senate soon after.

My point is if Dems spend a vast majority of the next 4 years chasing fairy tales (can u spell impeachment?) they will do themselves and all Americans a great disservice. If there are charges on the Dump Admin that they can verify, go for it.
    If not, I do hope they chose to not go down that rabbit hole for political gain.
    It could very well come back to bite them in 2022/2024.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    I said it earlier but I'll revisit the thought. No long time operatives should be the top people in most cabinet positions. You can put that experience behind the scenes for the expertise and experience putting this shit show back together. You also build your bench for the future.
    It wouldnít let me edit my earlier post but this is more or less what I was trying to say. Every cabinet post needs to be filled with qualified younger Democrats who still have a political future.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    My point is if Dems spend a vast majority of the next 4 years chasing fairy tales (can u spell impeachment?) they will do themselves and all Americans a great disservice. If there are charges on the Dump Admin that they can verify, go for it.
    If not, I do hope they chose to not go down that rabbit hole for political gain.
    It could very well come back to bite them in 2022/2024.
    If thereís one thing that you learn today, can it be that impeachment wasnít a fairy tale? Donald Trump was actually impeached. It happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    Which I hope he does first and foremost.
    He can get around to that after the crimes against humanity and massive corruption have been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Are you high? What crimes against humanity?

And I loathe the man and think he is corrupt.