• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Biden cabinet speculation thread

Pete went up for DNC Chair. He may want to try again.

I didn’t think the Politico list was that bad aside from Whitman and a few others. I learned about some people I didn’t know.

I am in favor of Tom Perez not being a member of the cabinet.

Pete went up for DNC Chair. He may want to try again.

I didn’t think the Politico list was that bad aside from Whitman and a few others. I learned about some people I didn’t know.

DNC chair is a thankless job that is guaranteed to tarnish you. I wouldn't want it. Also agree that Whitman was really the only name on there I was really against. The other thing you have to consider with cabinet appointments is the composition of the senate. If it's 50/50, not a problem. But if Dems are still a minority there, it's going to be more difficult getting some of those nominations through.

DNC chair is a thankless job that is guaranteed to tarnish you. I wouldn't want it. Also agree that Whitman was really the only name on there I was really against. The other thing you have to consider with cabinet appointments is the composition of the senate. If it's 50/50, not a problem. But if Dems are still a minority there, it's going to be more difficult getting some of those nominations through.

It may be a thankless job, but the Democrats desperately need to put someone who is capable and innovative and talented in that position to rebuild the party at the grassroots and to shore up state Democratic parties across the country. If they don't they could easily lose the House in 2022 and not pick up the Senate seats they need, even with a favorable map. Perez is a joke, imo. The RNC is a vastly better-run organization than the DNC, and has been for years. Somebody needs to step up who can do the job, not merely another mediocre (or worse) party functionary who will keep the status quo for another two or four years.

I think Andrew Yang would be a great choice for Sec’t of the Treasury.

Pete should get UN ambassador. I’d go with Sally Yates as AG. Susan Rice as Sec. State. Not familiar enough with the other positions or names floated really.

I could see him as a Commerce or Treasury under secretary who takes over after 2 years.

I want Pete in a prominent position, and one where he will be consistently making appearances on the Sunday shows. He's a star, and no one in the party is better in that format.

Pete for UN Ambassador is a great idea. He could learn there and still get a lot of both exposure and experience.

I want Pete in a prominent position, and one where he will be consistently making appearances on the Sunday shows. He's a star, and no one in the party is better in that format.

I think he would be a great Press Secretary. He knows how to handle the media that is hostile and the normal media would love him.

I disagree; I don’t see the Press Secretary position a very prominent one nor a solid stepping stone.
UN Ambassador; that’s the ticket.

I don't get the UN Ambassador talk. We have so many people with extensive experience in foreign affairs. Why go with a well-spoken former mayor of South Bend? It was a joke when Trump named Haley to the position instead of someone with the necessary experience.

I'm more worried about utilzing his strengths. Chief of Staff accomplishes that. He can be a high level surrogate and part of the overall operation.

Yeah, after the shit show we are living through why would we follow their playbook of unexperience and unqualified political appointees? There have to be experienced people ready for the spotlight of these bigger positions.

Yeah, after the shit show we are living through why would we follow their playbook of unexperience and unqualified political appointees? There have to be experienced people ready for the spotlight of these bigger positions.

We've seen a parade of well-qualified public servants at all these hearings over the last four years. Yates, Vindman, that lady with the accent who gave the great testimony whose name I never remember from the impeachment hearings. People like that. There's no need to use Clinton people. Even some of the Obama people are too old at this point. The Politico list seemed to have a mix of some Obama under secretaries, state level officials, and big names.

I'm biased, but I would love to see my long-time friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, as Attorney General. Integrity would immediately return to the Justice Department. He and Biden are close.

Biden could just name them "acting secretary" or some shit like Trump.

Hate it when I am in a thankless job and get thanked by the president in speeches and get hefty exit packages for doing a mediocre job

Back