• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

I'm biased, but I would love to see my long-time friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, as Attorney General. Integrity would immediately return to the Justice Department. He and Biden are close.

Hell of a name drop. Props to you for not doing that all the time. He’s an obvious AG leader and may be a done deal.

Hell of a name drop. Props to you for not doing that all the time. He’s an obvious AG leader and may be a done deal.

Not a ton of opportunities to drop Doug Jones’ name on the Hot Chicks Thread.

Doug Jones would make undoubtedly make a good AG, but I hope Biden picks someone younger with a political future. The Democratic Party's bench for national offices desperately needs to be rebuilt.

Doug Jones would make undoubtedly make a good AG, but I hope Biden picks someone younger with a political future. The Democratic Party's bench for national offices desperately needs to be rebuilt.

Sure but AG really isn’t a stepping stone position. AG needs someone who can get going right away.

I said it earlier but I'll revisit the thought. No long time operatives should be the top people in most cabinet positions. You can put that experience behind the scenes for the expertise and experience putting this shit show back together. You also build your bench for the future.

Every Cabinet position is going to be a rebuilding job. But AG is going to be tasked with dealing with Trump corruption.

I don't get the UN Ambassador talk. We have so many people with extensive experience in foreign affairs. Why go with a well-spoken former mayor of South Bend? It was a joke when Trump named Haley to the position instead of someone with the necessary experience.

I'm more worried about utilzing his strengths. Chief of Staff accomplishes that. He can be a high level surrogate and part of the overall operation.

Again, chief of staff is not a stepping stone to higher political office. It would make zero sense to stick Pete in that position.

President-Elect will have the votes to pass most if not all of his Cabinet. As he should.

He's going to overturn a bunch of executive orders first, like each President of a different party, but I think he goes to the Senate soon after.

My point is if Dems spend a vast majority of the next 4 years chasing fairy tales (can u spell impeachment?) they will do themselves and all Americans a great disservice. If there are charges on the Dump Admin that they can verify, go for it.
If not, I do hope they chose to not go down that rabbit hole for political gain.
It could very well come back to bite them in 2022/2024.

I said it earlier but I'll revisit the thought. No long time operatives should be the top people in most cabinet positions. You can put that experience behind the scenes for the expertise and experience putting this shit show back together. You also build your bench for the future.

It wouldn’t let me edit my earlier post but this is more or less what I was trying to say. Every cabinet post needs to be filled with qualified younger Democrats who still have a political future.

My point is if Dems spend a vast majority of the next 4 years chasing fairy tales (can u spell impeachment?) they will do themselves and all Americans a great disservice. If there are charges on the Dump Admin that they can verify, go for it.
If not, I do hope they chose to not go down that rabbit hole for political gain.
It could very well come back to bite them in 2022/2024.

If there’s one thing that you learn today, can it be that impeachment wasn’t a fairy tale? Donald Trump was actually impeached. It happened.

Are you high? What crimes against humanity?

And I loathe the man and think he is corrupt.

Back