• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Really think Doug Jones is a good choice for AG. I think the number one priority there needs to be picking someone who can put the Dept back together and recreate an independent, non political justice dept. Sure I want to see trump et al punished, but I think it is at least equally as important to try and make sure no one can do what Bill Barr did ever again. Besides, the US attorneys will be the ones pursuing prosecutions not the AG himself/herself.

So you believe they’ll throw the former President in jail for his misguided “child separation” policy?

"misguided"? We have literal proof that US border enforcement purposefully stole children from their parents, parents who were LEGALLY SEEKING ASYLUM, inorder to discourage asylum seekers. Thats called TERRORISM.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent what Bill Barr did from happening again. If you have control of the Presidency and the Senate, the law can simply be ignored.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent what Bill Barr did from happening again. If you have control of the Presidency and the Senate, the law can simply be ignored.

This. Preventing Bill Barr is up to us not electing Republicans.

Crimes against humanity involve large amounts of people and usually rape and death.

Let you suffer in ignorance. Not every fuck up, even intentional, is a crime.

Article 7
Crimes against humanity
1. For the purpose of this Statute, "crime against humanity" means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
(a) Murder;
(b) Extermination;
(c) Enslavement;
(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
(f) Torture;
(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;
(j) The crime of apartheid;
(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

"Other," good luck at that one. Widespread attack is necessary and 525 doesn't do it.

I guarantee you believed Bush should have been held liable for similar crimes. but not Obama.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Yes members of the Bush administration should have been prosecuted for the torture program.

Enjoy the fringes of society.

As for COVID, very leader in Western Europe would have to be indicted.

Enjoy the fringes of society.

As for COVID, very leader in Western Europe would have to be indicted.

So what portions of France, Spain, Italy, Germany or the U.K. were intentionally denied assistance by their national governments because they were controlled by a different political party? If you want to say that also happened in Brazil and other authoritarian regimes, then you would probably be correct.

Who was denied assistance? Don't confuse erroneous openings of businesses with denying care.

"Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert."
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...s-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

"His people are going to suffer and that’s their problem.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/jared-kushner-let-the-markets-decide-covid-19-fate

Vanity Fair? Sad.

I loathe Trump. I'm glad he lost. He likely made decisions on Covid with electoral calculations. He lost because of it. That's it.

Vanity Fair? Sad.

I loathe Trump. I'm glad he lost. He likely made decisions on Covid with electoral calculations. He lost because of it. That's it.

Hundreds of thousands died and probably an equal number will die before the outbreak will be able to brought under control. There needs to be a more significant reckoning than just losing an election for this monstrous act.

I've said my piece about it and will stop hijacking the thread about it.

Biden cabinet speculation thread

People should’ve stopped listening to centerdeac when he assured everybody that Republicans wouldn’t confirm a new Justice before the election.

Back