• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden actual cabinet and political appointee thread

Does Pete want CoS? Does that help his future political ambitions better than different posts?

I think it’s the best way to leverage his management skills and raise his profile with more experience at a high level. I have no doubt he could do the job, and he’s not the worst operator in a divided government. Especially given the scope of the job being mostly about managing the pandemic and coordinating with local government entities in that effort right out of the gate.

Well this is..uhh...something

Biden cabinet speculation thread

Meg Whitman for commerce fuuucking blows, hope it’s not legit. That’s Betsy Devos bad.

I think it’s the best way to leverage his management skills and raise his profile with more experience at a high level. I have no doubt he could do the job, and he’s not the worst operator in a divided government. Especially given the scope of the job being mostly about managing the pandemic and coordinating with local government entities in that effort right out of the gate.

Yeah. If Pete has big time aspirations, sitting in a cabinet position for 4+ years isn’t going to do it. Do something for a year or so and go from there. Anything in Indiana is going to be very tough. Getting a national profile will help.

Meg Whitman for commerce fuuucking blows, hope it’s not legit. That’s Betsy Devos bad.

We don’t need to bosides this shit. We can call it bad without comparing it to Devos (which is still way way worse).

The guys was the mayor of South Bend. What would qualify him to be the Secretary of Defense?
Granted he has a military background but don’t get SOD.

It’s a much easier job after Trump defeated all of our enemies!

My sister turned in her thesis yesterday and accepted a position at the EPA today starting in January. So I’m hoping for her sake we get someone better than Pruitt in!

Is that even something you have to hope for? Aside from Trump himself, I can't imagine many people worse that Pruitt in that position.

The guys was the mayor of South Bend. What would qualify him to be the Secretary of Defense?

He’s not qualified for that. I could definitely see VA though. Wherever he ends up, he will permanently be on Sunday talk shows.

Yeah, I'd like someone with some foreign relations experience at Defense. VA would be good for Pete, I think.

Ok, so I was kidding about Mayor Pete at DoD. I think he’d be great in a very public role and I’d like to see him get more foreign policy experience. Maybe start him at the UN for 2 years then promote him. VA is too secluded for him...he is great in front of cameras and responding on the fly to questions.

We don’t need to bosides this shit. We can call it bad without comparing it to Devos (which is still way way worse).

This. MDMH already starting the DeVos rehab. LOL.

Ok, so I was kidding about Mayor Pete at DoD. I think he’d be great in a very public role and I’d like to see him get more foreign policy experience. Maybe start him at the UN for 2 years then promote him. VA is too secluded for him...he is great in front of cameras and responding on the fly to questions.

Pete for Press Secretary!

That Politico list is turrible- i hope it’s a joke. Meg Whitman shouldn’t be running a local school board. I like Porter for Senate / Schiff for AG

There are 92 definitions for "SOD" that don't mean grass. Which one are you intending here?

Back