• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Game Show Hosts

No love for Chuck Barris? The Gong Show host/creator and also created the Dating Game and the Newlywed Game. Wrote a book claiming to be a hitman for the CIA

170322_atm_barris_obit_16x9_992.jpg

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind was a good flik.

As far as game show hosts go, there was Alex and then a yuge gap over everyone else. And yeah, a terrible year for Celebrity Jeopardy.

I never understood the strategy in Supermarket Sweep. I get that you can't grab more than 5 of a thing. But why don't people grab 5 of a thing and then grab 5 of a thing right next to it and just fill up the buggy in the same aisle. It seems far more efficient than the strategy of running around trying to find all the most expensive things.

I try to separate the art from the artist but Woolery just has too many deplorapoints. He's a full-on COVID denier, for one.

Pat Sajak has fewer deplorapoints but he still has > 0.

I try to separate the art from the artist but Woolery just has too many deplorapoints. He's a full-on COVID denier, for one.

Yeah. I really try to separate the work from the person with this kind of thing. I actually think Woolery walked back his Covid stance when his son got it, but I might be mistaken and don't feel like googling it. But yes, Woolery seems to be a garbage person, which is unfortunate.

Getting mentioned in a Beastie Boys song offsets any off-screen negatives.

Alex Trebek
Regis Philbin
Bob Barker
Steve Harvey

Mainstream picks from a Millenial, I know.

Ben Bailey of Cash Cab is woefully under-appreciated. The show didn't have the longevity that merits Rushmore status, but I would argue that he was every bit as entertaining as the greats mentioned here.

I just had a weird brain moment. After reading the thread title too quickly, my brain for some reason construed it to say "Mount Rushmore of Ghosts."

Would make for an interesting topic though haha.

I just had a weird brain moment. After reading the thread title too quickly, my brain for some reason construed it to say "Mount Rushmore of Ghosts."

Casper, Slimer, Bruce Willis from Sixth Sense, that one that gives Dan Ackroyd a blow job. Next.

Easy. Casper, La Llorona, Patrick Swayze, Bloody Mary

Give me that stress free life of a game show host.

Age at death:

96-Hall
88-Regis
87-Barris
82-Clark
81-Rayburn
80-Trebek
79-Dawson

Bob Barker still going at 96. Wink Martindale 86. Bob Eubanks is 82. Chuck Woolery is 79.

Poor Peter Tomarken crashed his small plane and died at 63.

Pat Sajak is 74 and still working. Vanna White is 63.

Ghost of Christmas Future has to be up there.

Back