• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Game Show Hosts

WakeTheNation

Reaction score
Alex Trebek
Bob Barker
Dick Clark
Monty Hall

For me the first three are solid locks. I could plug in a dozen different others at #4 though, but I went with Monty Hall.

Mako — When my wife and I were stoned the other day we turned on a Supermarket Sweep episode and it was wild. One of the women on there described herself as “a college student and mother of 6”. Wtf.

Hon. Mentions Pat Sajak for being a person who seems most likea robot and Mark Summers b/c who didn't love his dead narration of some fucking kid scrounging around in muck looking for a flag

Mako — When my wife and I were stoned the other day we turned on a Supermarket Sweep episode and it was wild. One of the women on there described herself as “a college student and mother of 6”. Wtf.

Snow days and sick days, nothing I looked forward to more than watching heavyset middle aged women chuck huge frozen turkeys in shopping carts and peeling around the corners of the aisles.

Gene Rayburn deserves a look here. For the microphone alone, if nothing else. Iconic.

1493234527-10371439-1107781525932708-3838056749820100207-n.jpg

Chuck Woolery and Pat Sajak over Dick Clark (as a game show host) and Monty Hall. Vanna White also deserves stand-alone consideration.

Alex
(gap)
Bob Barker
Bob Eubanks
Wink Martindale

Chuck Woolery and Pat Sajak over Dick Clark (as a game show host) and Monty Hall. Vanna White also deserves stand-alone consideration.

Wait. What? What did Chuck Woolery host other than that dating show and the Lingo game? Dick Clark hosted the goddamn Pyramid.

Dawson and Rayburn are on that list for sure.

Trebek and Barker make four.

Done.

Though both were great in their own way, Clark and Dawson don't have the full experience to make it (unless you count The Running Man, then I'm back on for Dawson). With Barker and Trebek, I'd add Chuck Woolery for breadth of work and on screen personality. I guess I'd add Sajak, though I'm not personally a fan. Honorable mention to Groucho Marx as well.

No love for Chuck Barris? The Gong Show host/creator and also created the Dating Game and the Newlywed Game. Wrote a book claiming to be a hitman for the CIA

170322_atm_barris_obit_16x9_992.jpg

Back