• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Masters contest

Obviously it's DJ's to lose today. He looked unstoppable yesterday. If he drops anything on the first few holes and one of the -12 under guys can get within 2-3 strokes and have 13-14 holes to catch up it should be a great day. I like Ancer's chances the best. It's supposed to be windy there today and his standard shot flights the ball low, so he could be playing with an advantage.

Last edited:
Also, it would be great to see DJ pick up a green jacket. When he's on he's the best in the game right now and it would be well deserved. But if anyone ends up beating him, I really hope it's Ancer. He's like the anti-Bryson. Dude is like 5'7" and 150 lbs and absolutely smoked Bryson. After all the nonstop gushing about Bryson's 350 yard drives that miss the fairway, having to hear about how many protein shakes he drinks all of the time, and the whole "Augusta is really a par 67 for me" thing, it would really be fitting for Ancer to be the one to win the whole thing.

Looking good for DJ, but he usually finds a way to bring the field back into it. Hard to believe if his COVID diagnosis was a few weeks later that he may have missed this week!

Looking good for DJ, but he usually finds a way to bring the field back into it. Hard to believe if his COVID diagnosis was a few weeks later that he may have missed this week!

the choke begins. watch out for rory

My opinion of Johnson was not improved by his bolting from 17 before Im had finished and then putting out on 18 before Im.

My opinion of Johnson was not improved by his bolting from 17 before Im had finished and then putting out on 18 before Im.

Looked like his mark was going to be in Im's line on 18, in which case I'm okay with him putting out (especially since there wasn't thousands of fans greenside to go nuts after he holed out to win).

Final results

1) MitchellT -49

2) PostalDeac -48

3) Neurodeac -47

4) 1985 DEAC -46

5) RJKarl -45

5) Deacon -45

7) Fayettenam -44

8) aocs3282 -40

9) BobKnightFan -38

10) tagsfan -36

10) Pilchard -36

10) morrison2951 -36

10) TheReff -36

14) Partree -35

15) deacon14 -33

15) texasdeac -33

15) AnnaT -33

15) DeacdeTejas -33

19) deacz -32

20) liveanddiedeac -31

20) Dekin -31

22) PhonsoINT -29

23) DCDeac -28

23) High Right -28

25) South Deac -27

26) cville deac -26

26) JillianT -26

26) MrBojangles Son -26

29) CreamyGoodness -25

29) MrBojangles -25

31) All4taron -24

32) WakeForest Fan -23

32) 1834 -23

34) DeacHawk -22

35) IAppreciateIt -21

35) tbs27520 -21

35) Coach O -21

38) deac29 -20

39) MrBojangles Dad -18

40) MrBojangles Wife -17

41) CONeill -15

42) Vegas Jethro -13

43) TimmyClutch -5

Missed Cut

- Mersk862

- rjreynolds

- Hogie

- doubledeac

Last edited:
Thanks to Deacon for another great job running these contests. And congratulations to my son Mitchell for his first contest win !!! Was this the first time a father-son duo finished 1-2 in one of these contests? It all came down to Thomas/Ancer vs Rahm/McIlroy. (We both had DJ & Leishman.) Thomas' bogey on 17 and Rahm's birdie on 18 gave him the win. I had a 5-shot lead on him going into the final round, but Rahm & McIlroy were -4 Sunday while Thomas & Ancer were +2.

Final standings have been posted. Congrats to all the winners this year!

Cameron Smith became the first player in Masters history to shoot in the 60's for all four rounds. Yet he still lost by 5 strokes.

Yeah, thanks Deacon. Must be nice to hit it 320 in the fairway, GIR, 320 in the fairway, GIR, rinse and repeat for 2 straight days at a major. God he's good. And Augusta is such a great piece of architecture to take in. I've been watching Im some the last couple of years. He's got that old Hideki pause, and he is such a consistent ball striker. Think he'll win a US Open or PGA before too long, and it'd be cool to see South Korea get its 1st male major. Was always disappointed that KJ never got a major.

I'm glad they managed to get it in but man that was a pretty awful Masters. The lack of patrons seemed to impact Augusta more than other golf tournaments for some reason - that combination of electric crowds with the quiet, peaceful music and isolated sections of the course was sorely missing - it was totally one-note. They never recovered from the ultra-soft setup so there was barely any fire in the course - players were routinely getting away with poor shots. A few guys came off the course saying they really played poorly and yet were pushing double-digit under par scores. Zero drama on Sunday outside of Tiger making a 10 on a par 3. Not that there's anything you can really do when trying to play sports during a pandemic but it really seemed to hurt this event more than any other.

Yeah, thanks Deacon. Must be nice to hit it 320 in the fairway, GIR, 320 in the fairway, GIR, rinse and repeat for 2 straight days at a major. God he's good. And Augusta is such a great piece of architecture to take in. I've been watching Im some the last couple of years. He's got that old Hideki pause, and he is such a consistent ball striker. Think he'll win a US Open or PGA before too long, and it'd be cool to see South Korea get its 1st male major. Was always disappointed that KJ never got a major.

Y.E. Yang won the 2009 PGA championship after staring down Big Cat.

Back